Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know the point of a chopper is look cool over comfort, but after a 65 mile ride one way, and my butt feeling as though my tail-bone had been hit with a sledge hammer repeatedly, i have decided a new seat would be the first mod i need to look into. that being said what is the most comfortable seat that looks like the stock seat available? i'm not worried about a double seat as i will always be riding solo on my bike. and the king and queen seat from C&C..... well doesn't fit my image. appreciate the information.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
The king and queen is from Corbin... make sure to do a search & find some actual c&c seats please.... :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info..... and yes you are correct about the Corbin king and queen, not C&C, I've been reading alot of posts with C&C seats and had that on my mind when i typed my message even though i had the Corbin ad at the top of the page staring me in the face.

·
Registered
118 Posts
C&C solo is the way to go

very comfortable with lumbar support not available on the stock seat. Starts around $260 i think.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
To me, the C&C seat looks even better than the stock seat, and it has definitely added mileage to my rides due to increased comfort.

.....but if Woodhorse is reading this, don't listen to me. YOU shouldn't buy a C&C seat. Just keep riding the stock seat and enjoy your painful rides. :p

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't understand why everybody bitches about the stock seat so much???Did 300 miles yesterday and not feeling bad at all.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I don't understand why everybody bitches about the stock seat so much???Did 300 miles yesterday and not feeling bad at all.
I was once young and thought I knew much about life but many valuable lessons have since been well learned grasshopper!

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
C & C solo is unmatched for style, quality, comfort and cost!
I really want one, but don’t like the fact that I would have to cut it up to fit my bike after the Sumo kit. I guess at this point I should be used to cutting and so forth. If anyone has one that they don’t like, I’ll take it!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I am at a loss to understand this?
My ironbutt is in total denial, now.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I now know after today that buying a C&C seat is a main priority. My ass went numb after almost 50 miles. I couldn't wait to pull over and walk it off. I wouldn't get away with 300 and feel fine. I applaud those who have the iron butt.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm not all that old, but that seat is brutal after about 45 miles. I'm glad some people were blessed with the cast iron butt, but not I. I value my spine and the ability to stand up and walk after a 60 mile cruise.

I've heard a lot of good things about the C&C seats. but after looking online at their website it seems you can only buy them with some sort of stitched decoration on them. maybe i'm not a hard core chopper kind of guy, but i kind of like the look of the plain Jane saddle. also does anyone make a new rear tin that is factory except the rear seat mount hole is not drilled out?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about the C&C seats. but after looking online at their website it seems you can only buy them with some sort of stitched decoration on them. maybe i'm not a hard core chopper kind of guy, but i kind of like the look of the plain Jane saddle. also does anyone make a new rear tin that is factory except the rear seat mount hole is not drilled out?
That's not the case at all. Almost everyone gets the stitching because C&C doesn't charge extra for the designs, you can get a seat plain if you so desire. When I ordered my seat I was going back and forth between the blade design and just getting a plain seat but I when with the blade design and I am happy with my decision.

As far as the fender, no one makes a stock design without the hole. Your choices at the moment are a low and mean fender or having the hole filled by a body shop or DIY if you are good at that kind of thing. I found a small gloss black plastic body panel retainer at the parts store the other day that doesnt look bad at all for a few bucks.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about the C&C seats. but after looking online at their website it seems you can only buy them with some sort of stitched decoration on them. maybe i'm not a hard core chopper kind of guy, but i kind of like the look of the plain Jane saddle.
Incorrect. I bought a plain C&C seat with no stitching. ;)

That's not the case at all. Almost everyone gets the stitching because C&C doesn't charge extra for the designs, you can get a seat plain if you so desire. When I ordered my seat I was going back and forth between the blade design and just getting a plain seat but I when with the blade design and I am happy with my decision.
Correct. I prefer the plain. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
... I found a small gloss black plastic body panel retainer at the parts store the other day that doesnt look bad at all for a few bucks.
would that be a nationally known store for that retainer?
Part #?

I would like to plug the holes and keep water and crap from splashing back through the holes.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
would that be a nationally known store for that retainer?
Part #?

I would like to plug the holes and keep water and crap from splashing back through the holes.
Home depot has these. Go where they sell the kitchens department and you will see them.

Are the C&C seats in stock or are they made per order? I ordered one on Sunday and Im praying I get it on Friday. I somehow doubt it but I am still hopeful.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Are the C&C seats in stock or are they made per order? I ordered one on Sunday and Im praying I get it on Friday. I somehow doubt it but I am still hopeful.
Anything's possible 2E; call c&c and check on the status. best to call after 7pm (EST).

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Anything's possible 2E; call c&c and check on the status. best to call after 7pm (EST).
I emailed them before this post and they told me they are made to order. He said generally 1-2 weeks from payment to ship. I just went limp when he told me that. I was hoping to get it before this weekend. I have no choice though. I got the devil tail pattern with Scarlet red stitching.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts