Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the farthest anyone has ridden their Fury in one day? I took a vacation day Friday the 6th and rode the scenic route from Pittsburg, KS down to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Went by Cassville, MO past Roaring River. Absolutely beautiful ride. Anyway, left at 8:00 A.M. got back a little before 5:00 P.M. Total of 270 miles that day. We did take a couple of breaks here and there, but not many. A couple of times my a$$ was SORE! But, after a small break, we hit the road and I was good for several more miles. Still, was an awesome trip and can't wait to do it again. Just need to take one more rest stop maybe. So much more fun riding in a pack instead of by yourself all the time.
By the way, rode with 5 other guys, 4 of them were HDs, 1 was a Honda Shadow. My Fury performed awesome of course, and in my opinion, looked the best. I was the only one without a windshield and I don't ever plan on putting one on. I did have to stop for gas twice and the HDs only once, but hey, the price you pay for asthetics, right?

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I've put 260 on in one day....just riding around for the fun of it.....my fuel light comes on at about 97 miles.....was wondering the the hd guys minded you stopping more frequently at the gas stations???

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have put around 320 miles in a day. And yes my a$$ hurt but it is well worth the temperary pain. Yeah it sucked for the fuel ups but it gave the legs and butt a short break... keep up the riding.:cool:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've put 260 on in one day....just riding around for the fun of it.....my fuel light comes on at about 97 miles.....was wondering the the hd guys minded you stopping more frequently at the gas stations???
No, the HD riders didn't mind. They probably welcomed the break. One of them did give me the old, "Rice burner had to stop and refuel, but not Harley." It didn't bother me, because he was the first one to say how good looking my machine was when I first bought it. His HD is pretty much a touring bike and not attractive at all. He calls it a "Geezer Glide". Since I bought my bike, he's been missing the HD he had before this one which had more of a chopper look to it. The last time we stopped for fuel, there was another HD that pulled up to the pumps. When I went in to pay, I saw him out there checking out my Fury. I wonder what he was thinking...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have put around 320 miles in a day. And yes my a$$ hurt but it is well worth the temperary pain. Yeah it sucked for the fuel ups but it gave the legs and butt a short break... keep up the riding.:cool:
Yeah, it is worth it, but I may have to send my seat off to Mean City and have some better padding put in. I've read that some other guys in this forum have, or are doing that.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I did this ride when my in-laws were in town. My wife was there with me on the back seat.... needless to say, she doesn't ride on the back much anymore :D

Surprise, AZ to Flagstaff, AZ to Kingmen, AZ back to Surprise, AZ (455 miles) :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whoa...that's too far for me on a Fury. Maybe if the seat was modified, but I really don't want to do anything over 300 miles in a day. That 270 I did was just about right.

·
Registered
324 Posts
steveo, where you live at? i'm in Joplin, so you either went thru or came really close to goin thru joplin. i've rode to eureka springs a few times this year, and i rode about 260 miles at the Buffalo Bike Run. my butt never got sore, and only had to gas up once. my HD friends hate how much better my mpg is compared to theirs :) they have a Road King Classic, a Rocker C, a Fatboy, a Softtail something-or-other (a couple of those), and a few others.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
steveo, where you live at? i'm in Joplin, so you either went thru or came really close to goin thru joplin. i've rode to eureka springs a few times this year, and i rode about 260 miles at the Buffalo Bike Run. my butt never got sore, and only had to gas up once. my HD friends hate how much better my mpg is compared to theirs :) they have a Road King Classic, a Rocker C, a Fatboy, a Softtail something-or-other (a couple of those), and a few others.
Like I said, we took the "scenic" route, so we went way out around Joplin. We went above Joplin and then down around Reeds, and through Sarcoxie. Wound up going through Eagle Rock and then down to Eureka Springs. They had me lost most of the time. I was just ridin' with the gang. Your butt didn't get sore because you probably don't weigh 350 lbs. like I do. I live right here in Pittsburg, KS. I'm the first and still the only Fury owner in town. From what I hear, there have been a lot of Furys sold in Joplin. You must see a lot of them, huh?

·
Registered
324 Posts
nope, bought mine in june (it was the 2nd sold) and i still haven't seen another one lol. and you are right, i'm 6-2 and 175 lbs... we need to hook up sometime when i'm not busy :)

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope, bought mine in june (it was the 2nd sold) and i still haven't seen another one lol. and you are right, i'm 6-2 and 175 lbs... we need to hook up sometime when i'm not busy :)
That would be cool. Just leave me a message, but give me plenty of advance notice. The only time I can get on the Forum is here at work. No internet at home. Yeah, I know. I live in the dark ages. Maybe we could meet at Buffalo Wild Wings. I love that place! However, if you came over here to Kansas, you can drop your helmet off. No helmet laws over here ya' know...:cool:

·
Registered
324 Posts
i always wear a helmet, just used to it i guess. i have friends in Miami and they always give me shit for wearing one lol. its been about 15 yrs since i've been to Pitt, dunno what all is up there :) yep, i'm busy too, so whenever we're both free and its not below 30, we'll meet up somewhere

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I can't remember the exact milage but I rode from Vacherie,La to Dauphin Island, Ala then around Mobile Bay to Orange Beach, Ala. It's like 290 miles via google maps but I got lost a few times taking the so called scenic routes so I would have to toss in 50 or so more miles to that easy lol

·
Premium Member
13,714 Posts
from farmville va to nashville tenn.550 miles 8 hours.custom seat and wonderful ride.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I put on about 300 miles this weekend and thought I was doing good. Guess I'm a wuss. My butt was hurting by the time I got back Saturday afternoon. I spent the last hour shifting around on the seat to get more confortable. I know...I know....I'm a wusss.

Went out Sunday for about 100 and did fine. I like to think I'm getting tougher.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did about 225 this weekend. Left Lithonia, GA with a HD and a GXR1000. We went to Columbus, Ga for the Fountain City Classic football game between Albany State University and Fort Valley State University. It was bout 76 degrees...a great ride! Stopped once each way for gas. The fury performed like a champ! :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
Most miles

The day I bought mine. 540 miles. 1st two hours in the rain and the rest were awesome. Salmon Arm British Columbia to Southern Alberta through the Rocky Mountains.

These bikes are great!
Spud

What's the farthest anyone has ridden their Fury in one day? I took a vacation day Friday the 6th and rode the scenic route from Pittsburg, KS down to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Went by Cassville, MO past Roaring River. Absolutely beautiful ride. Anyway, left at 8:00 A.M. got back a little before 5:00 P.M. Total of 270 miles that day. We did take a couple of breaks here and there, but not many. A couple of times my a$$ was SORE! But, after a small break, we hit the road and I was good for several more miles. Still, was an awesome trip and can't wait to do it again. Just need to take one more rest stop maybe. So much more fun riding in a pack instead of by yourself all the time.
By the way, rode with 5 other guys, 4 of them were HDs, 1 was a Honda Shadow. My Fury performed awesome of course, and in my opinion, looked the best. I was the only one without a windshield and I don't ever plan on putting one on. I did have to stop for gas twice and the HDs only once, but hey, the price you pay for asthetics, right?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I rode mine stock down to Richmond KY from Maquoketa Iowa in June and rode it straight back on the return trip around 600 miles in one day. I have since put a Corbin seat on it and it's much more comfortable. Love the ride!

Brillo

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Gulf Coast - Spider

I can't remember the exact milage but I rode from Vacherie,La to Dauphin Island, Ala then around Mobile Bay to Orange Beach, Ala. It's like 290 miles via google maps but I got lost a few times taking the so called scenic routes so I would have to toss in 50 or so more miles to that easy lol
Hey Spider, did you take 90 across, or go interstate? Was wondering if 90 was open all the way now? I live about 90 miles from the coast, up hwy 49.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts