Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has nothing to do with motorcycles...

Today at Blizzard Beach (Disney Waterpark) we were hanging out in the kiddie area. My son is very good about keeping in the area when we are someplace like a park, play ground, etc. This kiidie area is big, and there is no where you can sit that gives you full view of the entire area. There is plenty of life guards and none of the water is deep enough for a 4 year old to drown without maybe being knocked out.

Anyway, It had been about 10 minutes since my wife or I had seen Jacob. Not unusual in such a large play area, but we still make it a point to get up and walk around to put eyes on him. I got up and walked around the place a few times, he was no where to be seen, My wife started looking as well, no where. My son was missing!!! I have never experienced a fear like that, all the things that went through my mind. I was paniced. I found the nearest life guard and said "I need help, I cannot find my son" He asked his name and when I told him he said he knew where he was. He had forgot where we were sitting and could not find us, and was crying by the entrance to the play area. some workers took him to the lost kids area and colored with him until we got there.

I was much more aware of him the rest of the day. Thank God, he only wandered off and the situation was not more serious.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow, I bet that was scary! I've had something similar happen with my daughter (she's 5). Glad everything turned out well for you!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Been there done that. My wifes aunt lived next door and my daughter went outside and started talking to her threw the backyard fence. Aunt helped her over the fence to get a glass of koolaid then went for a walk to the park, usually no big deal. till I was looking for her and aunts car wasnt home (in the shop) but I didn't know that, if it was home I would have went right over without any thoughts cause my daughter almost lived there also. But ya I couldn't hear anything but my heart beating till I saw them down at the park. Glad everything is good!!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Glad everything worked out. The word "panic" does not even begin to describe what this mother would do. :D

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Agree Schmud....was at the beach and watching my daughter....she was 7. She got into a crowd doing some body surfing on the mild waves....lost her in it...went to see how she was and she wasn't there....panic set in, wife and I went up and down the beach.....finally found her about 100 feet down the beach in a group of kids.....whew....

·
Registered
57 Posts
That got my heart racing, I am taking the kids to Disney in November and I am already thinking of how I can keep tabs on them. My oldest, 4 yrs, get excited and runs toward what ever has caught his attention, while this is great for my physical fitness, it wreaks havoc on my nervous system. I have been in plenty of fights as a bouncer and even held at gun point, but none of that gets me running like the thought of a lost/taken child. Glad everything was OK in your situation.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
They do offer several different systems of GPS for kids and thier parents, but this isnt going to do anything for you in a big park like Disney. When you in a park that large with a diverse population of people from different parts of the world ... you really cant take your eyes off your kids.

This is also one of the reasons that i tell anyone with kids that Disney is not the place for you and your kids until the youngest is at least 6 or 7. By that age they are old enough to still fall into the Disney trance ... but they know not to go anywhere with strangers either.

Have fun in Disney, but be prepared for several rides and parts of the parks to be shut down for remodeling. Apparently they are gearing up for a new Star Wars part of the park in Magic Kingdom.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Know the feeling, my daughter liked to play Hide n Seek, When she was 3 she crawled up into one of those round clothing racks at Nordstroms. We notified store security we could not find her and they locked down the store (I mean closed and locked the doors) started looking for her; they called the police, took twenty minutes before she decided to come out. The store was not very happy with us, but we were grateful to them for the actions they took. It probably cost them some money. That was 20 years ago and now she has a 2 year old, pay back is a biatch!

·
Registered
180 Posts
i know that very feeling myself. glad everything turned out ok. nothing as precious as our kids. i was outside the house playing with my son (also Jacob) when he was 4yrs old. just him and i lived there. i went in to do a bio and was only gone a couple minutes. when i came out he was gone. looked all over , went to his friends house next door, was in panic mode and ready to call the cops--heard a dog barking and i noticed the dog was gone also. Poco, a dobby, @130 lbs. of a very visious dog. went running 2 streets over and there they were, jacob had a hold of poco's collar and they were walking the neighborhood like they owned it...i had to laugh after that cause it was a picture worth a thousand words; cause the dog is taller then jacob and i knew she would not let a soul bother the kid...sorry for the long story but reading yours reminded me of that , and i had not thought about it in years

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Glad everything turned out ok I think most of us with children can remember a time or two when our children have given us quite a scare. I've always said , "My children are my greatest joy but they can also bring out my greatest fears and cause me my deepest heartache". Never take your children for granted or their love they grow up so fast.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
gosh, even in a place like Disney I guess you have to keep your eyes on the kids 100%.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
gosh, even in a place like Disney I guess you have to keep your eyes on the kids 100%.
I was probably overly protective of my daughter.....I saw way too many cases involving children abduction, rape, mutilation.....makes me sick to even think about it. So, yes, you can NEVER be too careful.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Check Google programs, I think they have a program for a cell phone that uses the same type of gps locator.

okay maybe not i cant find it now.
We need a locator for the locator.

This sounds a bit crude but do they do microchips for kids? The Brickhouse locator is great but what if (god forbid) your child is kidnapped? The bracelet is going to come right off. My dog has a microchip we got at the vet that has a locator and an identifier in it and it was only like $300. It is implanted right under her skin on the back of her neck and it has never bothered her one bit. My daughter is 19 months and if was offered, I wouldnt hesitate to have something similar for her. There are plenty of fatty areas they could put one in and I bet it would be less painful than when we got her ears pierced. I know I would sleep eaiser at night if she had one.

I realize that this could start a pretty rampid "Big Brother is Watching" debate but personally, I don't see a downside. I may watch too much Law & Order SVU, but you can never be too safe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts