Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to work this morning and my motor just shuts off. Like u it kill switch. Turned kill switch on and off , I tried to retire. And it started up , so drove back home. Just a few miles away. But my light that shows miliage was off. Any ideas what to look for. 2010 fury

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
That doesn't really tell us much... 2010 Fury, have you replaced the battery ever? When it died, did everything go dark, lights, speedo stop, no warning lights etc? Or did just the motor quit?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Did it chug and die, or straight up cut out? Could be fuel filter as well...

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Administrator
3,663 Posts
It's probably not the battery since he restarted it, which takes much more power than running without a charging system.

Fuel filter wouldn't normally be a sudden cutout (mentioned in his post), it would bog and then lack power.

It could be a bad kickstand or kill switch, though a loose ground is more common. (not saying that's the answer, just it's more common)

It could also be a T-tap on an ECU wire is buggered, which sometimes happens with aftermarket fuel controller installs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Going to work this morning and my motor just shuts off. Like u it kill switch. Turned kill switch on and off , I tried to retire. And it started up , so drove back home. Just a few miles away. But my light that shows miliage was off. Any ideas what to look for. 2010 fury
Being stranded sucks. Should have bought a Harley that way it never would have started to leave the garage in the first place. ;-)

Sorry, perfect shot at the Harley riders out there. Make sure you don't tell any Harley riders about you having an issue. It will ruin the mystic behind Honda's not breaking down. LOL.

Does sound like a ground wire though. I would think if it was a battery issue it would have never restarted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you hear the fuel pump when you were trying to start it? There is a terminal plug connection, orange if I remember correctly, behind the battery, under the seat. This can work itself loose and will periodically kill your bike. Make sure it’s fully plugged together. I had this issue last summer and it drove me nuts trying to find it. When I figured it out, I was relieved it was so simple. But I still cussed like a sailor LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts