Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to get some thoughts on motor oil for the fury.i have been using honda oil 10-40.has anyone used anything different?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I use Repsol oil in both of my bikes. I use whatever weight is factory recommended.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Rotella T 5W-40 SYN and oil analysis after break-in; probably around 2500 miles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Honda recommends 10w30 for all their bikes after 2006. I use the HP4S, 10w30 synthetic, there are 100's of oil arguments over on the VTX board if you need some opposing opinions VTX Owners Association
Morning,
my Yamaha Stryker has a wet clutch, it uses API Service SG or above -Jaso standard MA. I would just get Yamlube & KN filter...... Does my 2015 Fury have a wet clutch?? cause the manual doent say , it just says: JASO T 903 standard:MA - SAE 10w-30 - API SG or higher looks like same oil spec.

My friend uses Royal purple Synthetic but after youtube i dont feel confident with RP

Question : Does my fury have a wet clutch ??
Is synthetic oils better??
Is synthetic good for a wet clutch??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Morning,
my Yamaha Stryker has a wet clutch, it uses API Service SG or above -Jaso standard MA. I would just get Yamlube & KN filter...... Does my 2015 Fury have a wet clutch?? cause the manual doent say , it just says: JASO T 903 standard:MA - SAE 10w-30 - API SG or higher looks like same oil spec.

My friend uses Royal purple Synthetic but after youtube i dont feel confident with RP

Question : Does my fury have a wet clutch ??
Is synthetic oils better??
Is synthetic good for a wet clutch??
I'm on the site right now...THX

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi K, I just got a 2015 Fury, now the manual I believe says oil change at 8000 Miles. But this bike is 4 years old with 4000 Miles, I think I should change the oil. What kind of oil do you use??

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Hi K, I just got a 2015 Fury, now the manual I believe says oil change at 8000 Miles. But this bike is 4 years old with 4000 Miles, I think I should change the oil. What kind of oil do you use??
Yes I would change the oil. If you search this forum you will find the number for an oversized filter that will allow you to run 4 qts instead of the 3.9 qts that the manual recommends. I can't recall the number off the top of my head.

I run Mobil 1 in everything I own.

I ran 10W40 because it's hot in Florida and the manual calls for 10W40 in hotter climates... 10W30 for colder climates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts