Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has a motorcycle GPS installed on the Fury?
I'm leaning towards the Garmin zumo 660.
Garmin zumo 660
It has some pretty cool features.

Let me know
Thanks

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
GPS

Tony, I have a nüvi® 265WT with a 4.3" display in my 4 wheeled vehicle and I am totally surprised at how useful it is considering I thought I was just being a toy junkie when I bought it. I had a hand held Garmin before and didn't use it that much. Adding color, 3D, larger screen, speech and always ON dash mount transformed my experience. Most folks knew this long before I figured it out but my point is that I would definitely want it on my two wheeled ride as well. I look forward to your installation. Not an easy task on a chopper :).

·
Registered
889 Posts
i have a tank bag for my sportbike that atttaches with magnets to the tank and sits flat with a clear plastic map pocket on the top. i've stuck the gps in there but it doesn't last long on battery power. i'd love to figure out how to wire it in and mount it so it's easily disconnected and can be switched between sportbike and fury. i have no clue where to mount it so it wouldn't look crappy. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
i put a garmin on a friends 1800.we put the plugin under the side cover.pop cover off and plug in.a velcro strap holds the unit on top of the tank.when not on a trip,the whole works goes in his saddle bag.works out good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm with Verizon and have been using VZ Navigator on my phone for years...(I'm a direction idiot!) You would be suprised at what a full featured GPS system it is. I actually came from a regular garmin and much prefer the phone. Anyways, It does turn by turn so you can use headphones or just pop it out of your pocket every now and then to see where the hell you are. Works great for me...just an idea....good luck

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I'm with Verizon and have been using VZ Navigator on my phone for years...(I'm a direction idiot!) You would be suprised at what a full featured GPS system it is. I actually came from a regular garmin and much prefer the phone. Anyways, It does turn by turn so you can use headphones or just pop it out of your pocket every now and then to see where the hell you are. Works great for me...just an idea....good luck
I use the VZ navigator too... need to get some headphones tho as my last one broke, but it's pretty damn useful.

·
Registered
50 Posts
yeah I can't live without it. The best in helmet earbuds i've found are the "in ear" type. sony makes a decent little pair and they go all the way in your ear so then you can slide your helmet on. I wear a full face..guess that not an issue if you wear a shell though. Anyway, much cheaper than buying a seperate gps unit.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Curious if anyone has a motorcycle GPS installed on the Fury?
I'm leaning towards the Garmin zumo 660.
Garmin zumo 660
It has some pretty cool features.

Let me know
Thanks
Good choice. I have the Garmin Zumo 550 and it is a great unit. Noise isolating earbuds are nice for listening to the mp3 player and hearing the turn commands. I use Shure SE110 noise isolating earbuds with either a cable connection or my Panasonic Bluetooth RP-BT10 headset.

You won't regret buying a Garmin.

Cheers,
Spud

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I use a Garmin Nuvi wide, also. Love it and use it for the truck, hot rod and bike. Have two different mounts, one for the bike(RAM mount) and one shared by the truck and hot rod. I have the Scala Cardo Rider on my helmet and it has blue tooth.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've got the 550 with the XM module. I used the handlebar mounting bracket and added my own XM antenna right to it so it's a single, removable unit. Bought extra power cords and installed in my other bikes and ATV's. So now I've got the GPS, MP3 and XM Radio all in one neat package that I can take from bike to bike, ATV or car. You can find the 550 for about $600.00. XM Antenna (it's actually the receiver as well) is another $250. Not cheap, but when you consider the flexibility, it's great. I love it.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I picked up the Garmin Zumo 550 for a nice price on ebay. Very nice GPS, bluetooth sync'd to my phone and headset.
Got the GTM lifetime traffic receiver with it for the car.
Has dual mounts, one for the bike and car.
Thanks for everyone's feedback.:)

View attachment 1447 View attachment 1446

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I picked up the Garmin Zumo 550 for a nice price on ebay. Very nice GPS, bluetooth sync'd to my phone and headset.

Nice lookin' unit, Tony; very readable. I like the mount. Lots of features. Should serve you well.

Cheers

·
Registered
438 Posts

Hey Tony,

Take a picture of the back so I can see how you bolted on the mount.

Looks good!
Spud

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
1 - 17 of 17 Posts