Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up! I have a problem with my motorcycle and I hope and guidese to fix it myself. I haven't use my motorcycle in a couple of months, due work travels. My motorcycle shuts down by itself and I checked battery's voltage and change and everything is OK I don't know if is making false contact with the wires. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
613 Posts
What's up! I have a problem with my motorcycle and I hope and guidese to fix it myself. I haven't use my motorcycle in a couple of months, due work travels. My motorcycle shuts down by itself and I checked battery's voltage and change and everything is OK I don't know if is making false contact with the wires. Any help would be appreciated.
Kickstand switch?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Does it just shit down, like if you had hit the kill switch? Or kind of wind down like it was running out of gas? Quick shut off, check the safety switches. Kick stand, lean angle, check the kill switch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it just shit down, like if you had hit the kill switch? Or kind of wind down like it was running out of gas? Quick shut off, check the safety switches. Kick stand, lean angle, check the kill switch.
It does it like it slowly. So, I tried to start the engine for the first time in a couple of months and I had no luck, I put my jumper and is started like nothing but it was idling weird, kind of like a Harley Davidson. I let the engine running for some minutes I went inside the house for a second and when I came back it was dead, I put my jumper to the battery and it started right away, but it shut down again. I'll check the switches.

·
Registered
613 Posts
It does it like it slowly. So, I tried to start the engine for the first time in a couple of months and I had no luck, I put my jumper and is started like nothing but it was idling weird, kind of like a Harley Davidson. I let the engine running for some minutes I went inside the house for a second and when I came back it was dead, I put my jumper to the battery and it started right away, but it shut down again. I'll check the switches.
Battery may have a short/bad cell that kills the engine as it gets warmer?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Sounds more like a fueling issue to me. How long has the fuel been stagnant in the tank? Did you add any stabilizer before you let it fit? When was the last time you checked/changed your fuel filter

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds more like a fueling issue to me. How long has the fuel been stagnant in the tank? Did you add any stabilizer before you let it fit? When was the last time you checked/changed your fuel filter
It has been seating for 2 months approx, no I didn't add anything because I didn't think my work trip would take that long, and it was about 6+months ago but I barely use it, it is a 2018 with 8000+ miles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts