Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is lots of info on the Mustang Vintage Wide but I can not find anything about the Mustang Tripper solo. I know it is about the same width as the stock seat but no info on whether it sits lower or higher than stock of if it moves you forward or back. Also curious about the comfort compared to the Vintage wide. I am one of the few who can ride the stock seat all day long but my wife wants to go along and I am looking for something I can add the Mustang passenger seat to when needed. Anybody have the Mustang Tripper solo?

Thanks in Advance, ZZB3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Opinion: (results and update later because I convinced myself to try the tripper solo as I wrote this)

The vintage wide definitely sits higher than about any seat but it is COMFORTABLE. I had one on my shadow, which had a very similar stock seat to the fury in terms of comfort. I have seen some other posts across the webs about people who use the stock seat for short rides and the Mustang for longer rides because the lower stock seating position is that much better(read: cooler) looking when long term comfort isn't an issue because you sit down IN the bike.

I'm sort of dealing with the same conundrum right now. I have a sissy bar that I love that uses the stock mounting points on either of the passenger seat and I rarely ever ride 2 up so I love that Mustang has the option to keep that on solo seats. My fear is that the tripper isn't as outrageously comfortable as the vintage wide (not to mention $80 more expensive!). My buddy has the tripper 2 seat-one piece on his vulcan and he says that it is just as drastic an improvement over the stock seat and that the comfort isn't far off compared to the vintage wide that I had. He rides with us all day and since the tripper upgrade, I've never heard him complain about seat comfort or saddle fatigue.

Conclusion to my dissertation:
I'm going to try the tripper solo. The vintage wide is ironbutt 1000 mile weekend kind of comfort but the fury isn't a bike well suited for that kind of intense riding. The tripper should maintain that nice low slung, sitting down in the bike position that makes the fury great while providing more comfort than the stock torture device seat. I'll update this thread with pillion seat compatibility, comfort, and ride height when it's in and installed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up getting the vintage wide and have the passenger seat on order. My wife wants to take trips to the coast etc. The vintage side definitely sits taller and closer to the bars than the stock. I am curious how the tripper solo sits compared with stock. Let me know how it works out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts