Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was trying to beat some rain clouds home today and was cruising at about 85 in a 70 speed zone when it started to rain. I was about 15 minutes from the house so i just hunkered down and hit the gas. Well with about 5 minutes to go the rain drops started to get big enough to where my face was starting to feel like i was making out with a cactus, so i decided to slow down a bit after i passed just one more car.

That thought no sooner passed through my brain when all of a sudden a bird pops up from the road as im passing the last car, which turns out to be a church van! Looking back it's ironic that it was a church van because I know this bird was sent strait up from Hell to dispatch me.

In the 10th of a second i had to react, i thought, "DUCK and take it on the lid, hold the bars steady, and man the people behind me are laugh their asses off!!"

I felt a thud, but not on my body, and saw a quick explosion of gray as i was looking down at the pavement. The little bastard hit the front of the fury somewhere. I quickly pulled over to assess the damages and watch all the cars i had been blowing past go by as i stood there with feathers and blood all down my right shin and right fore arm. It had to be a sight! The motorists passing by had to be thinking, "Look at Billy Badass now! Looks like someone tared and feathered him AND his bike!"

Well it looks like he hit my right upper fork and went between my headlight and the fork. Then hit the tank and bounced straight down, hit the fwd side of the engine and came to rest in my fan. I sustained no injuries but i did have a bit of a blood taste in my mouth after i pulled over. I don't know if some bird blood got in there or i was clenching my teeth so tightly that i knocked a tooth loose!

So my question now is, I know bird shit is bad for your paint, but what about when its the whole damn bird?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Holy fuck your lucky it didnt hit you beak first in the chest. Glad you didnt get hurt and handled it the right way! Be glad you lucked out on that hit. Funny as hell looking at the pictures though. You have to admit that.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Well, with the engine warm... probably had a nice cooked bird as well ;)

Glad your okay bro! My friend had a bird hit him in the chest, said it wasn't fun... but, had his riding jacket on, so that is a good thing..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made me appreciate the tank being where it is. Had i been on a normal style bike i might have taken it in the chest. And who says choppers are unsafe and unstable?!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dude, that sucks about the the bird. At least it didn't look like it did anything a bath couldn't fix. As someone mentioned about gators and zebra's in Florida... don't know where zebra's came from but deer on the other hand suck. I had one mysteriously fall out of the sky and land on my 91 Z28 about 7 years ago..... that did some damage. Either way it sucks. Glad your alright.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Is it wrong that I busted out laughing with the story and the pictures? At least all is well and you reacted as you should.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Made me appreciate the tank being where it is. Had i been on a normal style bike i might have taken it in the chest. And who says choppers are unsafe and unstable?!
Yes you are lucky. 35 years ago I took a Dove in the chest at 45 mph when I was riding my dirt bike in the woods near my house. It hit me beek first and went 1/2 inch into my chest and chipped a piece of my sterum between the 4 and 5 left ribs . My freinds said I went off the bike like I had a rope tied to my ass, and they too laughed their asses off after I got my wind back and the dead bird off my chest. My friends and I started wearing our chest protection after that.

·
Registered
367 Posts
This didn't by chance happen on the 25th of December, did it?:eek:
I don't know the Exact date. And for the record since i didn't make mention of this i wasn't in or owning the car when the deer landed on it. so i only make mention of it because of the zebra comment and amount of damage. I'm the third owner of the car. The first had it and babied it up until about 7 years ago and then the deer feel out of the sky. The story i got was the owner was heart broken about the car and took the insurance money and sold the car to some kid who started repairing and replacing pieces. He then started to modify the car, but in doing so ran into some problems with the car and it's reliability (most of which were caused by his modifications). He owned it for about 6 months and sold it to me and based on the amount of junkyard pieces that were on the car and frame damage i later found it did some significant damage. It took me about 3 months to recorrect what he had modified and get the car running properly again. after that the car has been a good car up until about 3 months ago and i'm currently battling a problem with the car surging and stalling.

Sorry didn't mean to jack the thread.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is it wrong that I busted out laughing with the story and the pictures? At least all is well and you reacted as you should.
No i lost it when i pulled over and was checking the bike out. I was already laughing as i circled the bike but then i noticed that i overlooked the bird in the fan. People passing by must have thought i was crazy!

Yes you are lucky. 35 years ago I took a Dove in the chest at 45 mph when I was riding my dirt bike in the woods near my house. It hit me beek first and went 1/2 inch into my chest and chipped a piece of my sterum between the 4 and 5 left ribs . My freinds said I went off the bike like I had a rope tied to my ass,
Wow i new it would've hurt but i didn't realize they could do that kinda damage. Last close call i had with a bird i was doing about 50 mph and almost took it to the head. I new that would've hurt!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Well JATO is now a carrier of bird flu. Please post more pics like your avatar before your gone ;)

No seriously, glad your ok. I have to admit that I laughed...after I read that you and your bike were ok.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.