Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Have you ridden it with the 240 tire yet? Interested in how it fits and interacts with the rear fender.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
license plate and rear tire

the license plate sticks out about 5 to 6 inches I would say. No further than the exhaust on the other side. I took a kuryakn vertical plate relocator with a 1300c adapter to do this. I cut the arm of the adapter and added a spacer to put it in the bolt on the side of the swingarm. I was excited how it turned out. The bike rides well, I never rode it before with the 200 tire. I tore into this thing still in the crate unassembled. I have a ride this weekend which I should put around 700 or better miles on it I will know more by monday. Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Looks good for the most part. I personally don't like the license plate sticking out of hte side like that. It just looks wrong. But like anything else, we all have our preferences.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks really good.....too bad Florida won't let me throw my plate over on the axle nut anymore or I'd do that too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rode the bike 651 miles this weekend. It did great to 70 mph. Had a real touchy feel to it after that. I'm used to sportbikes. Went to a rally here in MS and had alot of fun and positive feedback from guys that actually have furys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you make the clean cut on the bottom of the brake light bracket. Looks like you did a great job. I want to keep the stock brake light and move my license plate to a sidemount.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not from Florida, but I heard that you can use a sidemount as long as the plate is in the sideways position. Not sure, but you might want to check. If that's the case, you could use the mounting bracket they're selling on Ebay.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm a Mississippi girl myself...born and raised in Columbus, MS! LOL! I have to admit, I love Colorado! How much was it to chrome your rear hub? I am having my wheels chomed this winter and would like to chrome the hub as well. Are you running the 240 on the stock rear rim?
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
From what i have heard FL your allowed horrizontal side mounts with light. Usually its the light issue people get bugged about. Im staying with the tail mount but tucking it in the fender a little to mount a white light on it but have everything prettymuch concealed

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
the license plate sticks out about 5 to 6 inches I would say. No further than the exhaust on the other side. I took a kuryakn vertical plate relocator with a 1300c adapter to do this. I cut the arm of the adapter and added a spacer to put it in the bolt on the side of the swingarm. I was excited how it turned out. The bike rides well, I never rode it before with the 200 tire. I tore into this thing still in the crate unassembled. I have a ride this weekend which I should put around 700 or better miles on it I will know more by monday. Thanks for the positive feedback guys!
Put a better seat on it for that... trust my 9k+ butt on that one.... Looking good though!

I'm not from Florida, but I heard that you can use a sidemount as long as the plate is in the sideways position. Not sure, but you might want to check. If that's the case, you could use the mounting bracket they're selling on Ebay.
From what i have heard FL your allowed horrizontal side mounts with light. Usually its the light issue people get bugged about. Im staying with the tail mount but tucking it in the fender a little to mount a white light on it but have everything prettymuch concealed
From another post that I read, they have overturned this and you can also have vertical plates now... Just an FYI...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts