Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after months of snow and rain and salt on the roads, we finally had a rain/snow/salt free day!

So today I quickly cancelled my appointments with my customers on took my brand new bike out the garage after 4 weeks of resting :)

And wow what a ride!, perhaps i'm easily impressed because its my first bike. But nevertheless I loved every minute during my first 230KM drive :)

I did notice however that 2 times I could'nt get it in first gear, I had to apply the clutch 1 time extra. Is that normal? Got something to do with the break in period?

Man I still have that stupid grin on my face :)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I did notice however that 2 times I could'nt get it in first gear, I had to apply the clutch 1 time extra. Is that normal? Got something to do with the break in period?
You may need some clutch cable adjustment, but I doubt it. It just takes some getting used to. If it persists or gets worse, just take it back to the dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine does this every now and then. I've taken it in and had it looked at and they say there is nothing wrong. Its only when I come to a stop and shift back into first. Wants to hang up in neutral, but I just double clutch it and it shifts down.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Today after months of snow and rain and salt on the roads, we finally had a rain/snow/salt free day!

So today I quickly cancelled my appointments with my customers on took my brand new bike out the garage after 4 weeks of resting :)

And wow what a ride!, perhaps i'm easily impressed because its my first bike. But nevertheless I loved every minute during my first 230KM drive :)

Serge, it just keeps getting better!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Mine does this every now and then. I've taken it in and had it looked at and they say there is nothing wrong. Its only when I come to a stop and shift back into first. Wants to hang up in neutral, but I just double clutch it and it shifts down.
I notice that if I slowly go from second to neutral and then first, it will hang in neutral, but if I quickly go straight down from second, it slides right into first.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts

Might have the same clutch lever issue that I had when I first got my bike, are you having trouble going down in gears, as in downshifting, then hitting first, or are you trying to go from neutral to first after a stop? If it is the later, my service guy told me that it is natural for it to stick a little bit if you go from 2nd into neutral for a rolling stop, then it will stick a little when try going into first, after you have completely stopped (so, in other words... go all the way down to 1st, then back up to neutral at the stop)... But, if it's the former, then replace the clutch lever and assembly.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I occasionally have had that problem. Had it checked. I was told that there was nothing wrong, just to move the bike forward or back aninch or two. Works fine after that.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I occasionally have had that problem. Had it checked. I was told that there was nothing wrong, just to move the bike forward or back aninch or two. Works fine after that.
Yeah, it's not a big deal. Like I said earlier, it just takes some getting used to and learning how to "trick it" into gear.;)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
They told me the same thing at first, then after riding for 3k miles on it, knew there was something wrong at that point...

Just make sure that if it is harder to shift your clutch after a few hundred miles and you haven't gotten used to the weird feeling, might be the clutch lever...

I keep saying this cause none of my service guys thought it was the clutch lever at first, cause this issue would happen erratically... finally, talked them into replacing the lever and haven't had an issue since.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
They told me the same thing at first, then after riding for 3k miles on it, knew there was something wrong at that point...

Just make sure that if it is harder to shift your clutch after a few hundred miles and you haven't gotten used to the weird feeling, might be the clutch lever...

I keep saying this cause none of my service guys thought it was the clutch lever at first, cause this issue would happen erratically... finally, talked them into replacing the lever and haven't had an issue since.
That only happens on silver Furys and is never an issue on black Furys.:D

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That only happens on silver Furys and is never an issue on black Furys.:D
Hehe so we are in luck ;)

my service guy told me that it is natural for it to stick a little bit if you go from 2nd into neutral for a rolling stop, then it will stick a little when try going into first, after you have completely stopped (so, in other words... go all the way down to 1st, then back up to neutral at the stop)..
Thats exactly what was happening. Thanks for clearing that up!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts

Mine did the same thing for about the first 200 miles. It did get better and now I have no problem at all. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts