Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to ask those that have this bike if they find the same thing as in the picture... Found this last night and to me this should not be there, it's a f'n hole... no way that's normal, if anyone can check to see if they have this strange hole and get back to me it be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Eric. I don't have my bike yet. I will in a couple hours though. Drove down to Butte last night and am picking it up this morning! :D

I read a post on this just a few days ago or so. Same topic. From my understand this actually is normal. I will see if can find that post again and throw it up on here. I have a feeling though that RSS might beat me to it :p

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Mine also. Just some seem that should have been fixed or redone will a nice fit. Also have seen seals from the crank area sticking up at bit that bugs me, not to mention MELTED RUBBER on motor from exhaust rubber.Just like the weld not being ground and painted.

13k was alot of money for me to spend on a bike BUT NOT ALOT IN THE CHOPPER WORLD. I get 4 months a year to ride so its a toy or playtime only. The bike needs some extra work for the next series to come out any better and I would like it to get better if they continue making them, this makes present Furys worth more, when new model years cost more, make sense!?!! IMHO:cool:

I STILL LOVE MY FURY!

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine also. Just some seem that should have been fixed or redone will a nice fit. Also have seen seals from the crank area sticking up at bit that bugs me, not to mention MELTED RUBBER on motor from exhaust rubber.Just like the weld not being ground and painted.

13k was alot of money for me to spend on a bike. I get 4 months a year to ride so its a toy or playtime only. The bike needs some extra work for the next series to come out any better! IMHO:cool:
Yeah I see some gasket sticking out of mine too... Don't get me started on the welds though... I'm still very happy with this bike but you're right 13k is a lot of cash for this bike, this crap should not be present... I will write the dealer and honda though just to make them know I'm 99% statisfied.

·
Registered
230 Posts
totally normal. i asked the dealer about the "gasket" stuff... he said they use a liquid gasket, and to ride for awhile until things have a chance to settle, then you could clean it off a bit... i guess it can expand/contract with the heat, etc...

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies, I'm at ease now... when I saw it I almost had a heart attack... :eek:

I do love this bike though even with it's subtle faults... cannot wait to get this puppy for a longer ride than just back and forth to work...

·
Registered
358 Posts
one reason I went with the Kury engine kit

·
Registered
211 Posts
vent hole

I just had a recent 1st service on the bike and i finally noticed it when i was picking it up. I freaked out and we went and looked at one on the showroom floor. Its indeed normal and a vent hole... Wished it wasn't there though.

Enjoy the nice weather.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
i commented on another Fury owner that asked the same question a few weeks back,,it is a vent hole, some have nice square notches cut in them some look like chips. Nothing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts