Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday 4 May 2009. My (Red) Fury is here (Ottawa Canada)! Picking it up at 4 pm today, yahoo. Will let ya know how I like it after a few rides. I am a wee bit nervous as I have not ridden a bike in 6 years, so I hope my skills come back quickly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Please do let us know how it rides I am a woman rider and mine will be in sometime this month just really wanting to know how it handles and if its really heavy the weight of the bike is what scares me most I think.......I can't wait though to ride it my husband has a raider so what better to have than a honda fury:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
congrats!!! let us know what you think...mine isn't gonna be in until the 22nd....ugghhh....gotta get my kicks from listening to you guys and ur rides!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i got mine as well

i got my red fury last thurs first one in va. it rides great low to the ground for us short people.Plenty of power and the braking is good.Also for stock exhaust i was really satisfied it has a pretty good sound.only dislikes i have about the bike honestly is the chrome plastic around the motor and such.Other than that its sweet....anyone know how toupload pics on here?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First thoughts

54 kms (tad over 30 miles) on the bike. Some random thoughts. The bike is really a head turner. Reasonably smooth ride and a powerful bike. The exhaust sound is really nice, sounds very strong without being offensive to my neighbours. Jumps from 50 to 130 so fast it is scary. Turns well at slow speed (was worried about that) but when I drove in the garage it was a real chore to get spun 180. Bike is very long due to chopper styling. My feet have not yet learned where the pegs are but that is coming. Trany shifting is a wee bit clunky but they all are. Clutch lever requires a strong hand it just might be a hassle in stop and go traffic. Controls are all easily reached and speedo can be seen at high speeds. The sloppy welds I saw on the pre-production model are history, the bike is really finished nice, could not find a "flaw". Some or you are concerned about weight, it is heavy but it is balanced so well you can handle it very easily. One more down side, my cheeks are sore from smiling. I have some pictures but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to post them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wayne2993 here, not to worry about the weight, see my post "First Thoughts". Really is easy to handle. There is a slight slope in my driveway up to the garage and to push it backwards uphill was a bit of a chore for my 62 year old legs. When lifting it up straight to fold up the side stand is no problem because it really is balanced perfectly. Hope this helps

·
Registered
36 Posts
sounds great! and since i can handle my dads goldwing with ease, i'm not worried about the weight. I loved the one at the dealer i tested out. just tired of waiting on my matte silver to come in. my garage is lonely. Congrats....keep fillin us in on the ride. be safe.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ok guys I need your honest input here.My dealer told me today that the blue Fury I was suppose to get the 24th of May will not be here until possibly June 20th,due to backorder.I can get the dark red this month. I have not seen the red,but it is one of my favorite colors along with the blue.How does the red look in person?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok guys I need your honest input here.My dealer told me today that the blue Fury I was suppose to get the 24th of May will not be here until possibly June 20th,due to backorder.I can get the dark red this month. I have not seen the red,but it is one of my favorite colors along with the blue.How does the red look in person?
I ordered Silver and they kept jerking me around on delivery. Found another dealer willing to give me a good enough deal on the red in stock to recoup my deposit. Glad I went with the red. That is a VERY sharp color. Didn't care for it at the International Motorcycle Show, looked too purple, but maybe that was the lighting. This bike rocks! I also have an 03 Roadstar and compared to the Fury, that thing is a tank! I can ride the Fury all day in all conditions no problem. I picked mine up last Thursday. 405 miles later, I love this bike!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got mine last Saturday!!!

I picked mine up on Sat. put 300 k on it, and love it!:) I am a woman rider, and have a Heritage Softail as well! I think the Harley will get very few miles this summer!!!
Accessories are just starting to come in, so am looking forward to that. I agree the only thing I don't like is the plastic chrome... for the price, I think they could have done better than that! Can't wait until I can paint something on this one, good thing I like the red, because they painted the frame red as well, so would be a big job to change the color!
Judi

·
Registered
36 Posts
agree on the red...its slick...i actually coulda got the red but I love that matte silver. Dealer said could be in early, but i ain't holdin my breath. I will say however that it is your money, if you can be happy with the red go with it...but me, i'm waiting for what I want. picky yes...my money ...yes...so i'ma get what I want.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Clutch lever requires a strong hand it just might be a hassle in stop and go traffic.
If you look on the VTXOA web site...a couple people there make a clutch tension reducer that I have installed on my VTX. Should fit the Fury. Great product...really happy I put one on.

Molon Labe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dealer said off the record, he liked the red the best. I think it is a beauty and have been told so even by Harlet riders!

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you look on the VTXOA web site...a couple people there make a clutch tension reducer that I have installed on my VTX. Should fit the Fury. Great product...really happy I put one on.

Molon Labe
FYI, the clutch tension reducer for the VTX1300 was installed and tested on the Fury and it works just the same. If you go over to vtxoa.com, be aware that they call it a "Clutch Pull Relief" or CPR, for short (in case you use the search feature there).

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
FYI, the clutch tension reducer for the VTX1300 was installed and tested on the Fury and it works just the same. If you go over to vtxoa.com, be aware that they call it a "Clutch Pull Relief" or CPR, for short (in case you use the search feature there).
Glen's is the CPR and Hick's is the CTR, "Clutch Tension Reducer"...I have Hick's :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts