Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After what seemed like forever, I finally got enough time to remove my shock and try out the prototype MFR spring mod. This version dropped my rear 3/4" and that is with my adjuster at half way and if I run the adjuster all the way out I can drop it 1 3/8". I really like the look and it makes the rear fender look a lot better without looking too low.

Before height:

New Spring:

New Spring with adjuster all the way out:

Side by side:

L&M spring just for comparrison:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly very soon from MFR. He has a few stock springs waiting to be modded and he was just waiting on me to hurry up and try the first one out. I like the height and still have all the shock adjustment left if I want to do 2 up riding. MFR may want to revise the spring a little more to get more drop, I dont know yet.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a modded stock spring and not a whole new spring so the cost is going to be the biggest difference. MFR was trying a new lower cost method to lower the fury besides doing the shock mount mod. Im sure he will chime in sooner or later with all the details.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Maybe tomorrow we will hear from him, he in on the road. Coming back from a business adventure down south.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's a MOD, the forum is his life.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
don't let the cute little boy looks fool you, BigJohn...he's a slave driver!
I hate his bossy attitude.
why, if he was right here, right now, i'd give him a piece of my mind!!

now, where did i put my glasses...dammit, i hate when he hides 'em.

who...whu, what's that in the shadows...??

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
MFR is going to be busy when he gets back home, my wife gave him a list he has to fill out and she can be mean when it comes to getting her lists done.:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Holy crap!!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
MFR, what mods do you do to the rear spring? Any pics?
I shaved off 3/16in from each end to get the 3/8in shorter over all. under compression is what got me I was going for 1-1/2" drop. so now the next spring Is going to get 1/4in on each end shaved off

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would bet that would make it really close to the 1 1/2" you are going for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts