Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MyFuryRide (Mike) just got done with two of three projects here at Chez Whitey's. He wanted me to post the pics of before and after to better illustrate what you can expect if you have him do this work for you.

This is TRombone68's (Tom) ride. Keep in mind his bike already had the L&M lowering spring, so only the T-Mod was done to his bike:

This is BK Kid's (Stan) ride. His bike was running the stock shock, so you'll see the difference with a T-Mod and a Shock-Mod with his bike:

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
StPeteAPB great job with the illustrations. Love the animated pic’s. How’d you do that..

MFR, Tom just gave me authorization for you to remove the rear fender reflectors.

Stan, the bike is looking awesome as always; wish I was there to see it in person.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
StPeteAPB great job with the illustrations. Love the animated pic’s. How’d you do that..
Very nice job with the photo's.
Thanks guys.

To animate the photos, I take the before and after shots and overlay them in Photoshop (you can also use free Paint.net) and size/position the one on top to match the wheel (the one thing that stays stationary and consistent). I change the opacity of the top layer so I can see the photo behind it while I get the top photo sized and aligned.

I then place to frames in the Photoshop Animation window. In frame 1, I turn off the After shot. In frame 2, I turn off the Before shot. I then use the "tween" gadget in Photoshop to add five frames between the two to get the transition. Finally, I Save for Web and Devices as a GIF, which is the format that support animation when viewed in a web browser.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Wow definitely like the before and after pictures. I was only going to get the T-mod but now I am getting the shock mod also. I want it slammed! I cant wait only a week and a half to go :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
forgive me for being redundant here, but does anyone have a write up on the shock mod? I've looked through all the posts and found one that looked promising but had no photos or written explaination of what it was.

I had planned on the T mod, that simply has to be done, but now looking at these photos, I'm going crazy trying to find out exactly what MFR is doing to the shock to get that look, it's sick!

If anyone that has a write up or can point me to the post, I would greatly appreciate it!

Cheers!
Stay Focused

·
Premium Member
801 Posts

MFR, Tom just gave me authorization for you to remove the rear fender reflectors.

Stan, the bike is looking awesome as always; wish I was there to see it in person.
The reflectors are coming off when I get the sissy bar setup. I scratched the fender when i initially tried to get them off so I'm waiting for the sissy bar setup to come in so I can kind of cover it.

Oh and FYI guys the second I pulled in the drive way the saddle bag fell off because the zip ties broke LOL

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Can someone varify with either MFR or BK if the rubber spacers were used in the front of the fender to keep the gap down and the fender from bowing out? I cant see any gap between the seat bottom and the frame like on mine.

TY

C

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts

3" T-Mod drop with L&M Spring and rear stock tail light 2 up no drag, you need to mod the stock tail light and rear bracket check it out, just got back from a 100 mile ride i'm 210 and she is north 100 south 140 :eek: damm she saw this and i'm F$%#&

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just got home it rained on the way to Alans house and back. Mental.. it had not rained in over 40 days what is up with that? I must say Mike is a stand up guy that takes care in protecting the bike. Thanks to Alan for hosting the event. He has a nice place and kept offering refreshments the whole time. Very cool. My only concern is Mike welds with both eyes closed. I will post picture later to prove it. My "t"" looks like a lost "L". Just kidding. Tomorrow we are trying to meet up for a ride. Would be nice to get a picture of all 7 Furys together. Thanks again Alan and Mike both guys easy to hang with.

Bike looks better and runs great.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Can someone varify with either MFR or BK if the rubber spacers were used in the front of the fender to keep the gap down and the fender from bowing out? I cant see any gap between the seat bottom and the frame like on mine.
TY

C
Yes we used 1/2" rubber spacers

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
quote bk kid
I just got home it rained on the way to Alans house and back. Mental.. it had not rained in over 40 days what is up with that?

Did it rain at Alans house, No, I can do only so much, so I moved it to your route, hope you don't mind! :p

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote bk kid
I just got home it rained on the way to Alans house and back. Mental.. it had not rained in over 40 days what is up with that?

Did it rain at Alans house, No, I can do only so much, so I moved it to your route, hope you don't mind! :p
Bah ha ha ha ha!
OK, you're freaking me out with that avitar AND that you controlled the weather at my house :eek:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
TY MFR ... i swear im going to tackle this soon. Im waiting to break the bike down for the off season, but it looks like its going to get warmer again soon.
Come to my place on the 12th Chris. MFR will be doing mine and Larry's bike that Friday then off to the city for a blast. Let me know dont be a stranger. Oh thats right your married now lol. jk
Serious, weather should be letting up soon so lets ride.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Come to my place on the 12th Chris. MFR will be doing mine and Larry's bike that Friday then off to the city for a blast. Let me know dont be a stranger. Oh thats right your married now lol. jk
Serious, weather should be letting up soon so lets ride.
wish i could be there also, cant take the day off and its gonna be too cold for me to ride 3 hrs... worst gonna have to wait for the nyc break out run in march!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts