Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am. Riding the bike down and staying from the 15th on through the second weekend (22nd). Not sure where we're staying yet, but this website has all the info you could ever need. Who's going? Who wants to meet up? This will be my first bike week ever, and my Fury is making its grand appearance. :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'll be there, DreamReaver

But Headsup, stay the hell out of Myrtle Beach, or the city limits that is. Boycott the sob's. Gotta wear a helmet, constantly checking noise emission, registrations, etc.....MB does not want us there.

On the other hand, Murrels Inlet (south myrtle) and Cherry Grove Beach up above N. Myrtle love us.

I'll be staying at Cherry Grove, hanging out at Swingbridge, Poo's and HB Spokes.

Prince Resort is an excellent place to stay....located right at Cherry Grove Beach Fishing Pier. Awesome place

Maybe see you there around the 19th

·
Registered
99 Posts
I wont know until it gets closer but my parents live in Murils inlet so I dont need to make reservations..

·
Registered
893 Posts
Will b there for a week. Condos already booked!

·
Registered
240 Posts
As we get closer to the date I will know exact date that I'll be up there, more than likely will be the last weekend. Once all plans are set I'll try and hook up with ya. Double check on the helmet law but pretty sure that law was repealed (thought I heard that awhile back on the news here in Charleston).
GP

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
You guys be sure to post a lot of pics. Always love to look at all the bikes!

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I'll be there, DreamReaver

But Headsup, stay the hell out of Myrtle Beach, or the city limits that is. Boycott the sob's. Gotta wear a helmet, constantly checking noise emission, registrations, etc.....MB does not want us there.
The Myrtle beach hemet law was upheld in court. The state's helmet law says anyone 21 or older may choose whether to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle, and the city says anyone riding within city limits must wear a helmet.

Horry County circuit court judge denied an injunction to stop Myrtle Beach from enforcing its new motorcycle-helmet law and an amended noise ordinance, a local couple's lawsuit moves forward.

The courts contend the city doesn't have the right to pass a helmet law or amend its noise ordinance to specify that all motorcycle mufflers be equipped with Environmental Protection Agency markings or stickers because they supersede state law and are therefore unconstitutional

·
Registered
788 Posts
I recall now reading about them re-calling the helmet law. My mistake. But, the funs on both ends, dont care much for the mess in the middle...JMO

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Captain Poo's in Cherry Grove is a great place to hang. Very biker friendly. I will stay the hell out of MB also. They will write you up for anything. Either stay North in Ocean Drive, Cherry Grove, Windy Hill, ot Little River, or go South to Murriels Inlet.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I recall now reading about them re-calling the helmet law. My mistake. But, the funs on both ends, dont care much for the mess in the middle...JMO
Ya, more action outside the city anyways. Lot better towards Murrells inlet, Cherry grove. Wish I was going but I will be there in Oct for the fall rally. Have fun, ride safe and post some photo's.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
i would love to go but i just fired my thief so i guess i will hang around here for a while.you guys have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
glad you took care of your problem 460. thieves are better off being either being fired or prosecuted. both if possible. most of the time it turns out to be the one you least suspect. never have understood the people who choose to bite the hand that feeds them.........

·
Registered
788 Posts
Captain Poo's in Cherry Grove is a great place to hang. Very biker friendly. I will stay the hell out of MB also. They will write you up for anything. Either stay North in Ocean Drive, Cherry Grove, Windy Hill, ot Little River, or go South to Murriels Inlet.
I"ll see you at C. Poo's, taffyspop. Should be rolling in around Thursday...save me a beer:D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I live close to Myrtle, saddest part about the Bike weeks is the vendors dont come anymore. I requent Myrtle seeing I live close by just across the NC border. The vendors moved there stuff to New Bern NC for the Crystal Coast Bike rally, once i get dates ill let you guys know. I might make a over night trip. Below is the link from 2009 on the 69th annual spring rally moving, this year has been posted for the 20-21st of May, ill get more info.

http://www.rippin-kitten.com/2009/03/02/myrtle-beach-rally-is-now-moving-to-nc/

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I"ll see you at C. Poo's, taffyspop. Should be rolling in around Thursday...save me a beer:D
Plenty of cold beverages at Poo's for all. Was there Tuesday night Packed and lots of fun. Had a sandwich on the Cherry Grove pier and checked out the Prince. Good people and a nice place to stay. Wound up at Key West Crazy in Little River and then shagged the night away at Fat Harolds in OD. Life is good! Just another day in paradise:)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Will be in Myrtle Beach from May 14th threw the 22nd.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts