Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I figured I would ask here since I am going to assume ( yes, ... I know... Never assume) That this forum is mostly men? So, do you guys name your bikes? I am in a bunch of female bike groups and when they talk about their bikes they dont say, "my bike" " my Harley" etc they say "Gretchen has a scratch.." In the other groups that are co -ed, no one calls their bike by name.

I never got into naming any of my vehilces. So far in my short time on here, i think I saw one post where someone called thier bike by a name. I high school, many of my friends had names for thier cars, Mine was " the brown Vega" . well, I guess you could call that naming LOL.

·
Registered
2010 Fury
258 Posts
Lisa, mine had a name before it was registered and I got it inspected: jail bait. It too was not legal to ride.

Since it is now legal - no name. It is rare for guys (as you have pointed out) to name objects. My daughter has always named her cars. My son has not.

I know that I have read bike names here, but again, I think it is rare.
I don't "name" cars, but that will not keep me from calling them names ("the racecar", "the turd", "the beast", "smoothy the mercedes"), but they are not names. Kind of like your "brown vega"...I'm sure at times it was "that damn POS Vega" - hey I remember the vega...

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
My Fury is the only thing I've named. It's too unique not to personalize it.

The car and the truck don't have any names. At least none that I've given them. Like you, friends and I have "called" them things though.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
When asked one time what kind of bike is that I replied it's a Fury. The guy replied WOW, that's INSANE. Not sure if he realized it is a Honda or not. I don't call it that but it is on my plate.

·
6,033 Posts
I've never named any of my motor vehicles. I only named the boat I built back in high school as all my sailing buddies said it was bad luck not to name your boat, not that I believed that but it kept them happy. I called it "Sucked In". I suppose I could call my bikes SKI 1, SKI 2 and SKI 3 with SKI being spend kids inheritance............

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess it’s different now though, they used to name the aircraft because they miss their gals? I could be remembering the reason incorrectly. But in the war it almost seemed like it would make more sense to name weapons and aircraft.
maybe I just haven’t found a name that fit?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I guess it’s different now though, they used to name the aircraft because they miss their gals? I could be remembering the reason incorrectly. But in the war it almost seemed like it would make more sense to name weapons and aircraft.
maybe I just haven’t found a name that fit?
It takes time to find a proper name. Gotta go through some stuff with it first. When it does come, it won't be forced. It will fit like a glove.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts