Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I have a spike intake and L&M adapter on the way along with a Power Commander V and I am running Cobra Swepts with no baffles, the problem is I have no tuning center close to me. I was wondering if anyone that has had a custom map made would mind sharing it with me? I don't expect it to be free so I am prepared to pay for it since the owner had to do the same to get it made.

If all possible I would love to have one that was tuned around 2000' above sea level but I will take anything I can get

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
OK so I have a spike intake and L&M adapter on the way along with a Power Commander V and I am running Cobra Swepts with no baffles, the problem is I have no tuning center close to me. I was wondering if anyone that has had a custom map made would mind sharing it with me? I don't expect it to be free so I am prepared to pay for it since the owner had to do the same to get it made.

If all possible I would love to have one that was tuned around 2000' above sea level but I will take anything I can get
Return your PC-V and get a Cobra Fi2000; then we can help you. Otherwise, good luck, and you'd better have a thick wallet if you're going to do it right. Good luck............

Cheers

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Return your PC-V and get a Cobra Fi2000; then we can help you. Otherwise, good luck, and you'd better have a thick wallet if you're going to do it right. Good luck............

Cheers
Bar its about 100 an HR for Dyno tuning at the harley shop by me. John If you check Dynojet's site they have a few new maps, you may be able to find one on there that will work well. I suggest taking it to a dyno shop though and the shops listed through Dynojet arnt the only ones that can tune it, check with some of the other riders at various bike nights and they may know someone local that is good

·
Registered
438 Posts
There is a difference between creating a "rough" dyno map which will cost a hour orso or a fine tune which will cost a day tuning.

So your rough mapping should cost around +- 100euro

Mine has also got a "rough" mapping that runs just fine and is safe for the engine.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I might give the closest place with a dyno a call and see if I can get in soon and maybe just spend a few hours there for a rough map. I need a little vacation anyway.

·
Registered
182 Posts
all in all the PC-V is better then the other tuners, if you want a very good custom tune, get the auto tune add on for the PC-v. you will have to drill and weld an O2 bung for the sensor. the auto tune add on is like having your own dyno, and no matter what mods you do the bike will always run correctly. if your going to spend 300 - 400 bucks for a custom tune, then why not spend the 275 - 325 for the auto tune add on unit.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have thought of that also. If they are going to charge more then the cost of a auto tune I will just buy one and not worry about it anymore. I emailed dynojet and asked if they possibly had a map in the works but no reply yet.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I have thought of that also. If they are going to charge more then the cost of a auto tune I will just buy one and not worry about it anymore. I emailed dynojet and asked if they possibly had a map in the works but no reply yet.
The problem with dynojet made maps is its how THIER bike ran with it, they have to get the exhaust and intake, then a bike (the dealer tries avoiding buying the exhaust and intake because why should they pay to enable someone to perform "research" and usually they have to give the PC-V to the dealer and tuning services for free, so it defeats the ability to make money)

Dynojet offered free or really severely discounted tuning for our bikes so they could get more maps posted, but your bike has to be at their facility.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For right now I might just load one of the maps on their website for the thunder air tornado kit and "brand X" exhaust which is basically a spike and i might do some compairing and see if I can combine cobra swept without baffle map with the tornado air map and give it a run.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
For right now I might just load one of the maps on their website for the thunder air tornado kit and "brand X" exhaust which is basically a spike and i might do some comparing and see if I can combine cobra swept without baffle map with the tornado air map and give it a run.
Creative thinking there..:D

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I think the "brand x" of sampson or Hubb jugs i think was the other name would be close to the cobra w/out baffles since my recall is they are both glasspacks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts