Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello every one so let me get to the point i was riding my bike i think i was going for a 30 mile or something and suddenly the check lamp went on and the bike just slowed down like it sudden brake or the fuel is going to go out on me and after 1 sec the check lamp went off and the bike went back to go smoothly and it did that with me for like 3 days so i wanna know what is going on here guys

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
hello every one so let me get to the point i was riding my bike i think i was going for a 30 mile or something and suddenly the check lamp went on and the bike just slowed down like it sudden brake or the fuel is going to go out on me and after 1 sec the check lamp went off and the bike went back to go smoothly and it did that with me for like 3 days so i wanna know what is going on here guys
First off... Welcome to the forum

Second... It sounds like your bike went into "limp mode".... The why is the more tricky part to figure out... I would take it to someone who can check to see if it has any fault codes stored in the ECU.

You can also check your battery cables to make sure they are good and tight and maybe check your ground cables at the engine block (main battery ground... Its the other end of your negative cable opposite the battery end) and under the seat (secondary ground)... Low voltage or bad grounds can cause all kinds of issues.

Check those things and report back.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Next time the check light is on try to figure out what it is telling you. The light is not just "on", it blinks long and short flashes, sort of Morse code style. Count the long and short flashes, one complete sequence is adequate, and report back to us. That way we can better diagnose the problem.

And yeah, like Kbuskill said: welcome to the forum !

Reactions: Will'sFury
1 - 4 of 4 Posts