Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and done everything people have said. So the issue is high idle warm. I have manually reset the air valve (idk if it is broke or not. I can use one finger and it stops turn but the spring it is on looks like it could go further so I turned it a little more), reset the computer, and let it run. The idle drops down to where it should be, but the fan does not come on. Turn the bike off and rode it around the block. Idles fine. Get on the rode to get fuel and the idle goes high again. I am lost. Any advise will be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:
Reset the ecu again. Unhook battery, key on for 30min., key off, hook up battery and fired it up. Idle good until it completely warmed up then jumped to high idle. Will try ecu reset one last time. Help!!!!!

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Just to throw in one more suggestion, even though it may not help.............my Fury had a strange high idle problem a while back. Ran fine on start up but when it heated up, I stopped at a stop sign and the thing was idling really high. Ever since then I run Seafoam in the tank and it hasn't ever had the problem again.

·
Super Moderator
3,169 Posts
Just to throw in one more suggestion, even though it may not help.............my Fury had a strange high idle problem a while back. Ran fine on start up but when it heated up, I stopped at a stop sign and the thing was idling really high. Ever since then I run Seafoam in the tank and it hasn't ever had the problem again.
Also note it's been parked in his woodshed gathering dust ever since...

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Also note it's been parked in his woodshed gathering dust ever since...
Eat shit, dickhead. For your information, it's currently sitting at the Honda shop collecting dust.

That reminds me that I need to check on it today and see if they've even started working on it.

Edit: Went to Honda shop at lunch. The one and only mechanic has been out for two weeks.................with the stupid fucking virus. Being able to travel anywhere in the world hasn't always been a good thing. When I was a kid, the big scare were the damn killer bees being brought over here from another country and how many viruses have been brought to the U.S. from other damn countries?

Shit, way back in the 16th century, the damn Spaniards brought over shit like smallpox and killed off the Aztec Empire. Do the benefits of worldwide travel outweigh the problems that it causes?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts