Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to locate where the fuel injector connections get their ground from.
I know their signal wire connects to the ECU, but I'm trying to make sure the ground connection to them is in good shape.
Is it the same ground as the ECU? Or the battery? Or is it a separate ground? I know there are like 5 ground wires that connect to the same spot behind the ECU, under the seat.
Any help and/or diagrams would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aha! That's what I figured. I spoke to a mechanic today, and he said that the only other time he's seen something like what I've experienced, it was a short in the part of the ECU that connects to the injectors. So I'll be ordering an ECU from ebay very soon, and if it doesn't fix the problem, at least the seller accepts returns.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Aha! That's what I figured. I spoke to a mechanic today, and he said that the only other time he's seen something like what I've experienced, it was a short in the part of the ECU that connects to the injectors. So I'll be ordering an ECU from ebay very soon, and if it doesn't fix the problem, at least the seller accepts returns.
So I guess there wasn't a break in the wires leading to the injectors???

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dose the seller on ebay know that you will be using the ecu .first to test and if it dosen't fix your problem you will be returning it to them .. I would be surprised if they still will accept your return ..

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Dose the seller on ebay know that you will be using the ecu .first to test and if it dosen't fix your problem you will be returning it to them .. I would be surprised if they still will accept your return ..
There's a lot of companies out there that deal/sell used ECU/ECM etc for motorcycles, cars and trucks. If that's what they specialize they most likely have a return policy if it doesn't work in the said vehicle. But yes, best to ensure that they will accept the return.

Reactions: Gizmo and boss1138

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Found this right behind the fusebox, under the ECU. Is something supposed to connect to it?

s
I agree with Ken, that looks non-stock. Looks to me like an inline splice that one side pulled out of.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
solid green is a ground wire ...pretty sure
This is a good point. Green usually is ground on a stock wiring harness. Green, yellow/green stripe. Couple seconds with a VOM could tell you if it's grounded, or if it has voltage on it. Doesn't preclude the chance that the other end is added to something. Best bet is still to physically trace it.

Reactions: boss1138

·
Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I found it.... Lmao
I traced it as far as I could but looks like it's just "option". Didn't find anything conclusive beyond the wiring diagram.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I think I found it.... Lmao
I traced it as far as I could but looks like it's just "option". Didn't find anything conclusive beyond the wiring diagram.
There is an optional chin spoiler with lights that goes under the radiator from Honda. It is a dealer installed option and there is a spare location for it in the fuse box. This ground may be something to do with that although I don't ever remember seeing it on mine when I had it apart.

·
Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is an optional chin spoiler with lights that goes under the radiator from Honda. It is a dealer installed option and there is a spare location for it in the fuse box. This ground may be something to do with that although I don't ever remember seeing it on mine when I had it apart.
Hmmm...
Considering this is a ground wire, would a solution be to hook a new wire to it and bolt it down to ground it?

·
Registered
335 Posts
what about ABS?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts