Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
I'm pretty sure it just goes with the optional spot in the fuse box that I mentioned earlier...

The ground being right there in that area would make it easy for the dealer to install the wiring for the lights in the chin spoiler.

Or I could be completely wrong.

I don't work for a Honda dealer but @Clueless does, he would definitely know.

Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm pretty sure it just goes with the optional spot in the fuse box that I mentioned earlier...
View attachment 239961

The ground being right there in that area would make it easy for the dealer to install the wiring for the lights in the chin spoiler.

Or I could be completely wrong.

I don't work for a Honda dealer but @Clueless does, he would definitely know.
No I think you're right, I poured over the pictures I took of the wiring and the wiring diagrams y'all have posted and I couldn't find anything other than 'option'. I tried looking at pictures of wiring harnesses on ebay and I thought I could see the option wire on them too, so I'm guessing it's a factory thing. The abs thing makes sense too tho, because my fusebox has spots for abs as well 馃

Registered
No I think you're right, I poured over the pictures I took of the wiring and the wiring diagrams y'all have posted and I couldn't find anything other than 'option'. I tried looking at pictures of wiring harnesses on ebay and I thought I could see the option wire on them too, so I'm guessing it's a factory thing. The abs thing makes sense too tho, because my fusebox has spots for abs as well 馃
It is funny... I didn't even notice that I posted the wiring diagram for the ABS bike.

The option wire isn't shown on the non-ABS diagram.

Is your bike an ABS model???

Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It is funny... I didn't even notice that I posted the wiring diagram for the ABS bike.

The option wire isn't shown on the non-ABS diagram.

Is your bike an ABS model???
You know, I didn't think it was. But now I'm not so sure! Lol How does one check if their bike is ABS?

Registered
You know, I didn't think it was. But now I'm not so sure! Lol How does one check if their bike is ABS?
There would be an ABS module mounted under the rear of the bike with brake lines going to it.

There would be a 3 pot front caliper and a dual piston rear caliper as opposed to the non-ABS bikes dual piston front single piston rear calipers.

And the easiest way to tell is the ABS bikes have 2 front brake hoses leading out to the front caliper and the non-ABS has a single front brake hose.

The ABS model also has linked brakes.

Registered
In North America the ABS bike only came in black as far as I know. Outside of North America you can get ABS in cool colours and if you live in Oz you only get ABS bikes (but we get all the colours over the years).

As the bike in question has a red frame it's a good bet it does not have ABS.

Registered
In North America the ABS bike only came in black as far as I know. Outside of North America you can get ABS in cool colours and if you live in Oz you only get ABS bikes (but we get all the colours over the years).

As the bike in question has a red frame it's a good bet it does not have ABS.
I went back and looked at his other posts to see pictures.... it is NOT an ABS bike.

Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That's so weird... Does that mean the non-ABS wiring diagram is misprinted and all models have the option wire?

Registered
n
That's so weird... Does that mean the non-ABS wiring diagram is misprinted and all models have the option wire?
not sure.. I would think the wire harness is the same they just do not use the wires for the ABS .. just a guess

Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
No, I doubt it. Did you actually trace this wire back to see where it originated?
I did my best to, but without cutting up the harness I wasn't able to find exactly which connector it goes to.

I saw it leading to the neutral switch, side stand switch, radiator fan, and an unknown connection on top of the battery which has one green and one red wire. I don't think it's that last one though, because its green wire is slightly thicker than the one I traced.

On the open end, i.e. things that could socket into it, I saw only the tip-over sensor, and another unknown connection on top of the battery. This one doesn't even plug into anything. I'll attach a photo below.

What do you guys think of these findings? I can post pics of all the connectors I found if that helps.

Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
I meant to note - the pictured connector above has a dummy cap on it. Edit: Did a quick search, that is the DLC connector for diagnostics

21 - 33 of 33 Posts