Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to Fix the dent on my Tank, Target date - April 8~20

Does anyone have instruction how to remove it, or is it posted already and I missed it, please let me know.

Under Pressure now I have to fix it before May 6th .

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
Pull the seat and there is a bolt that holds the tank in place, remove it and carefully lift and you will see 3 hoses & clamps that hold them in place. Will also see where the wires hook up to the fuel level sensor . Have something to catch what gas is left when you remove the hoses then pull the tank forward from the rubber mounts its in & your done ;)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JW, i know i can always count on you for fast response..:)

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
You gotta luv the the placement of the Honda lollipops, if you drob your bike they smash into your tank. "Been there, done that"!

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
You gotta luv the the placement of the Honda lollipops, if you drob your bike they smash into your tank. "Been there, done that"!
I'm taking mine off as soon as I get home ! ( Their butt ugly anyways ) ;)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Where are you sending it to get it fixed? What is the estimate?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same thing happen to me last year when I had to drop the bike (got cut off). If it wasn't for the lollipops the tank would have made it without a scratch on it. Im thinking that Honda should redesign those lights or their placement.
Or our insurance companies should give us some kind of discount on buying new lights which would prevent the purchase of a new tank when the bike drops.
I now have the raw blades and i know the tank is safe i the bike goes down.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Don't forget to tape and label the connectors and hoses! The front of the tank is held in place by rubber knobs on the frame that fit into the tanks C plate.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where are you sending it to get it fixed? What is the estimate?
at a local shop in San Diego of Miramar Road, $300.00

does any one know where i can get fixed cheaper?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't forget to tape and label the connectors and hoses! The front of the tank is held in place by rubber knobs on the frame that fit into the tanks C plate.
hmmm,, could you be more specific please..( tape & Label)
The tank will be removed Thursday night 9:00 PM pacific time.

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
hmmm,, could you be more specific please..( tape & Label)
The tank will be removed Thursday night 9:00 PM pacific time.
I didn't label the lines ? There are 3 with one smaller then the other 2. The 2 that are the same size are the only ones you might cross and there is one higher then the other so my tank went right back on the way it came off. The switch I made mental note but could write it down although I don't think the switch leads mater it's an open or closed switch.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
there's a chance your body shop will want the hoses removed. label them. or take a picture of them while they are still attached.
use a label maker or get some tags and tie them on each hose w/ a simple descrption such as front-mid-rear.

this will allow you to re-install the tank with the hoses connecting to the proper inlets.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
last question, is this a one man job or do i need some one to help me to hold it while removing screws??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts