Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
More like Romper Room. My signature since joining this forum has been "You meet the nicest people on a Honda". I'm going to have to change it to include crybabies, cheats, thieves, bullies, and a few a-holes as well as some nice people. I don't want to see this forum get so out of hand that we start to lose venders as well as the trust of other members, but something has to give with the negativity. If you have a problem with a vendor, there is no need to bash them on this forum with the exception of what sick has done. With sick, it is good to let other members know what he has done and to be aware of the situation. With Incorporated vendors that actually have a business license, I'm sure that any situation can be worked out without dragging it through the streets of this forum. I'm not taking sides here. Vendors need to do what they say or have promised such as shipping dates and such. Customers need to understand that as Painter put it in another thread, Shit Happens, but it is what it is. I have seen threats made on here that border grounds for arrest. Everyone relax, take a breath, summer's coming and we can all hit the road instead of being cooped up and looking for shit to bitch about.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
More like Romper Room. My signature since joining this forum has been "You meet the nicest people on a Honda". I'm going to have to change it to include crybabies, cheats, thieves, bullies, and a few a-holes as well as some nice people. I don't want to see this forum get so out of hand that we start to lose venders as well as the trust of other members, but something has to give with the negativity. If you have a problem with a vendor, there is no need to bash them on this forum with the exception of what sick has done. With sick, it is good to let other members know what he has done and to be aware of the situation. With Incorporated vendors that actually have a business license, I'm sure that any situation can be worked out without dragging it through the streets of this forum. I'm not taking sides here. Vendors need to do what they say or have promised such as shipping dates and such. Customers need to understand that as Painter put it in another thread, Shit Happens, but it is what it is. I have seen threats made on here that border grounds for arrest. Everyone relax, take a breath, summer's coming and we can all hit the road instead of being cooped up and looking for shit to bitch about.
Very well said Smoky!

·
Registered
560 Posts
if anyone has seen any zombie movies, thats what this reminds me of. were all walkin around like normal people. one of the group (predator) is or was part of the US military. He has some guns and explosive devices no one has ever seen before. Theres an attack! with a bit of a fight and the group of zombies are dead but... someone has been bit. They tend to his wounds reasuring him, "it'll be ok. you'll be fine. WE'LL FIND THE ANTI-VIRUS!!!" But then, IT HAPPENS. You turn away and see your bitten companion with his back towards you. "Hey! Hey you alright man?" The group walks toward him and he turns around "BLAAAAHHHHH" There's not turning back now. HE'S SNAPPED!!! THE GROUP QUICKLY DEBATES WHAT TO DO! "DUDE! TAKE HIM OUT! HE'S GUNNA TAKE US WITH HIM" one person says. Another replies, "NO DONT! HES CONTRIBUTED SO MUCH TO THE GROUP! HES GUNNA BE OK! WE NEED THE CURE!"(paint codes). then someone grabs predators gun "BOOM!" the zombie falls. "BANG! POW!"(just to make sure) the group mourn the loss of there former friend. "we're gunna miss him. he had such good ideas" Then one person yells "Hey guys! someone posted a new picture in the "chicks on furys" thread." Everyone runs to the thread.

THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN! BUT WHO AND WHEN?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I'm sorry but "shit happens" is not what i'm settling for.
are we so used to our purchases being treated carelessly that we accept sloppy business practices?

we hear the term "small business" or "he's a small business man". well, it's no wonder small businesses never grow big--all some businesses care about is pushing product out the door without any thought to the processes they use to get it out that door.

so, you continue on and settle for sloppy seconds.
i work hard for my money.
i understand mistakes happen. but, when a customer had a complaint in my place, it got pushed to the front of the line.

I would have been embarrassed that my name would even be mentioned in a derogatory manner.

rant
off.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Unfortunately...or fortunately, on line forums of any kind begin to resemble families....there will always be outlaws, inlaws, babies, and parents. LOL! Like a family we learn to understand eachother, console, direct, empathize, instruct, share, etc. etc. the details of life. It is okay, that is what life is about. I've grown to love most of you and am trying to love the rest of you. :D

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I was once on the side of reason and common sense, thought forum should be used to discuss Fury related issues such as maintenance, new parts, ideas on problem solving and things such as that and it is. Never really cared for all the drama and BS, especially when it would hijack a thread.....but that was then and this is now. You people are hilarious, better than any reality TV show. Funny thing is an elderly man told me once, you have comers and goers, comers and stayers. It's amazing how true his statement is. Every time the dust settles someone who is bigger than system will come around to show us how it's done. Orange County Choppers ain't got nothing on ya'll, keep up the good work it's must see tv, or reading....lol

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Skap nailed this right on the head. I bust my ass 5 days a week for my hard earned money. To be treated like a 2nd rate citizen for purchases that are messed up on on the vendors end ... unacceptable. Now, altough no one has ever called me out by name for being a cry baby, i cant help but to think that you may think im one of the trouble makers. To that i say ... " your intitled to your opinion."

I post good and bad reviews about everything on the internet. When i look to purchase something, i research it as much as i can. I look for + reviews on both the quality of the merch. and how the vendor treats thier customers. BEFORE i purchased anything from L&M i looked high and low here on F.F. and couldnt find 1 bad reveiw. Before the group purchase i had already made a list and contacted L&M casually for all the parts i bought on top of the 8* trees i wanted. To get in on a group buy was a bonus and a savings.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Only thing that will increase customer service is competition. If I sell what you sell dang straight I'm going to try to be better at it. Sometimes service is more important than price.

BTW I have been fortunate so far, good service from all especially MFR

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Yeah it's drama. That's life. It's still called a forum, right?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
In my business (I run a restaurant) I sometimes have to go to ridiculous lengths to make a customer happy. We have regular customers, difficult customers, impossible to please customers, impossible to piss off customers, dishonest customers, beligerant customers, looking for free food customers, would jump in front of a bus for you customers, blah blah blah. Doesn't matter where you fall, I have to make sure when you leave you're happy or you ain't coming back.
It's pretty simple, if a business WANTS your business, they gotta make you happy whether they "understand" or not. You just gotta get it done. Unless of course you don't want to succeed.

·
Registered
207 Posts
:) It's just an internet forum - once everyone is out riding the mood should lighten up :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts