Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to put some L.E.D accent lights on my bike.Can some of you that have light's give me an idea of what type of lights to buy.(i.e joe florida's compared to another brand) Thanks Steve.Also,how many should i get? Iwant to light up the tank,rear fender,front fender and my irate grill.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'd like to hear some ideas on this as well.

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Joe Florida is probably the most common, but there is a huge selection, depends on the style, price and quality you want. Radiants Roaches are probably one of the better bets right now but would cost alot compared to a Joe Florida kit. Main thing is type of interface you want, color or color changing, watch for laws in your area. I have seen guys get basic 1 color arrays, wire them to a hidden toggle waterproof everything and just run that. They have a ton of lights and maby 50-100 invested.

Some things to consider:
If you want color shifting LED's or strobes, you need the modules that support them

Remote On/Off

How tight you want the LED's in each array

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No i dont want shifters,and in Texas as long as they aren"t blue or red your legal.Was thinking white or Teal.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
No i dont want shifters,and in Texas as long as they aren"t blue or red your legal.Was thinking white or Teal.
Teal may be too close to blue, you could piece your own together with a hidden toggel but would have to figure out the style of strips you like. Or a remote module

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your probably right on the teal (wife is sitting here saying the same thing),thanks for the input.Really just curious what the best brand to buy is,but i guess its a personal prefrence thing.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Your probably right on the teal (wife is sitting here saying the same thing),thanks for the input.Really just curious what the best brand to buy is,but i guess its a personal prefrence thing.
Most of it is just through a few companies but kits put together for market by companies like Joe Florida, It is finding an LED style you like that is built decently and tying it into the bike how you want. Radiantz sells just LED's and the whole kit and has quality products. Just compare the gaps between LED's for what you like and styles of interfaces price out kits that meet or are really close to your taste and individual parts.

I eventually want to do Accents but want a remote on off so i have everything tucked away as clean as possible, but alot of people just mount a basic toggle in ignition cover or intake, small bracket under the seat, and a ton of other places.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I have been doing a little research on the LED's and I found a mod shop in Cocoa beach, Cruiser Lites at 823N Cocoa Blvd, that showed me a sample of a new low profile 180 deg led that packs twice the led's per inch and is about as thick as 2 credit cards. They really looked good. Don't know how much $ yet. He said they should have pricing and stock in a week or two. I will keep you posted

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been doing a little research on the LED's and I found a mod shop in Cocoa beach, Cruiser Lites at 823N Cocoa Blvd, that showed me a sample of a new low profile 180 deg led that packs twice the led's per inch and is about as thick as 2 credit cards. They really looked good. Don't know how much $ yet. He said they should have pricing and stock in a week or two. I will keep you posted
Appreciate it,yea please keep me posted.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Those look a lot like the Joe Florida's, just without the quick connect pieces and included cable ties. You'd probably get more lights for the dollar from this place, Joe just packages it all up and makes it dummy proof with connectors, in-line fuse, switch/remote, and ties.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Those look a lot like the Joe Florida's, just without the quick connect pieces and included cable ties. You'd probably get more lights for the dollar from this place, Joe just packages it all up and makes it dummy proof with connectors, in-line fuse, switch/remote, and ties.
Most companies do that, a guy i met bought his LED's at harbor freight spent $50 and had more lights than the guy with Joe Florida next to him all same style strip just no connectors (he soldered and heat shrinked his connections)

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Does anyone have a spec. sheet on Joe Florida's led's? I can't tell which is better without compairing them. I do know that 180 Deg light dispersion is pretty dam high and you get a more uniform glow instead of that "spot light" effect.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Texas fury theres so many different types. I BOUGHT THE EIGHT PIECE FROM A COMPANY CALLED LED GLOW BASED OUT OF BERLIN NEW JERSEY. I USED TWO OF THEM BEHIND MY IRATE SKULL GRILL, TWO UNDER MY TANK, TWO UNDERNEATH THE ENGINE, AND THE LAST TWO UNDER THE REAR FENDER. I DECIDED ON THE REMOTE BECAUSE IT HAS THREE OPTIONS. OPTION 1 KEEPS LIGHTS ON STEADY, OPTION 2 MAKES THEM BLINK, AND OPTION 3 FADES THE LIGHTS ON AND OFF. CHECK OUT THIER WEBSITE ledglow.com GOOD LUCK ON FINDING THE RIGHT LIGHTS.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
oznium.com can provide you with all kinda of LED options. Me personally, i will probably end up going with their micro square LED. The damn thing is smaller then a dime, and just about as thin. It gives off plenty of light, and is weather proof.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts