Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to extend the front brake lines on an ABS model.
There are two lines running from a block to the front caliper.
The lines seem to be crimped on the block. Not sure if they can be removed or cut off. The end connected to the caliper looks like a standard fitting.

Can I buy lines, fittings and a crimper and replicate what they have done just with longer lines?
Can new lines be silver soldered to the block?
Is type of crimp brake line a Honda design?

I have attached three pictures one of the back of the block, one of the front and the caliper end.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Help

Thanks Mental...I know there are a couple of other members searching for a solution as well.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I am trying to extend the front brake lines on an ABS model.
There are two lines running from a block to the front caliper.
The lines seem to be crimped on the block. Not sure if they can be removed or cut off. The end connected to the caliper looks like a standard fitting.

Can I buy lines, fittings and a crimper and replicate what they have done just with longer lines?
Can new lines be silver soldered to the block?
Is type of crimp brake line a Honda design?

I have attached three pictures one of the back of the block, one of the front and the caliper end.
PM Clueless and see if he can lend a helping word/advice or take it to Honda.
Low&Mean has the brake line kit for that I think?

You go muddin' with that Fury she needs a bath! LOL Just kiddin' with ya...

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Check with bremzin (bremzen??) . They have all types and sizes. They do custom lines and include the fittings already attached.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Hay D, as promised,

Check entire thread,

Fury Guy, 12-19-2010-9;42am. Trees & Brakes & Wiring. He did a tutorial and describes the connections he had to make. He got rid of the block completely. PM him, he is very knowledgeable.

Also there is a company in Sweden that came out with a Fury ABS cleanup kit. Does away with that big block and moves it somewhere else, and they cleaned up the lines. I will see if I can find the info for ya.

Add Info- This is the guy.
Member-Lindkvist0405- Thread-How many European-03/06/2010. He owns a custom bike shop in Sweden. +46 70-55 55 913
Add Info- check Thread-Another customized ABS Fury from MTL Custom - 10-26-2010 4pm by Lindkvist.
e-mail- [email protected]
I believe L&M is going to carry kit. Any way, contact him also on connections you would have to make, Lindkvist is always ready to help. He is a friend of mine, so tell him Mental sent ya! Good Luck! :D

Thats all I got. They can tell you how and what you need to do for what you need to do. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts