Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some decals from Dawg and put them on my plastichrome side covers. They look good, but I want to protect them from being scratched off, etc....do you have any recommendations for some type of clear sealant to put over them and the plastichrome? Or will wax work? Wanted to finish it up today and ride tomorrow to work.

Thanks for any help,
Bob

·
Registered
835 Posts
I had a custom decal put on my side cover when I first got the bike. I just used Plexis (plastic cleaner) and never had a problem. Be careful with wax as you will get a residue buildup on the edges of the decal and it begins to look cheap. I have replaced this cover with the L&M adaptor and D&M Twister but I still have my "Blue Dragon" signature on the non-pipe side chrome. If you find a better solution, let me know!

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have some graphics from Dawg and have not had to put anything on them to keep them on.
These are on the covers down where the honda badge is...I was concerned about heat from the pipe or maybe my wife's she accidentally hitting them....was hoping there was some kind of sealer I could spray or wipe on that would seal it all.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look good Blue....what is your lower sig decal made of? I had the option of black vinyl or that black chrome....I opted for black vinyl for easier visibility.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump....so either no one gives a rats a$$, or there is nothing that will seal it.....where's RSS when you need him? At least he'd have some input. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
835 Posts
They look good Blue....what is your lower sig decal made of? I had the option of black vinyl or that black chrome....I opted for black vinyl for easier visibility.
Mine is blue metalic vinyl and matches the bike very well. Also used it on my lower fork caps. I'm having the shield from my old side cover put on the bottom of the L&M Chin Spoiler. At a show I will put a mirror under it and it will show! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is blue metalic vinyl and matches the bike very well. Also used it on my lower fork caps. I'm having the shield from my old side cover put on the bottom of the L&M Chin Spoiler. At a show I will put a mirror under it and it will show! ;)
It's gonna be a knockout!:)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
bump....so either no one gives a rats a$$, or there is nothing that will seal it.....where's RSS when you need him? At least he'd have some input. :rolleyes:
LOL Hopefully he'll come back after the temporary ban. That may have pissed him off enough where he doesn't want to come back. I'm not saying it was right or wrong so don't anyone jump my ass either way. I'm just saying I don't know if I would come back after being banned. :(:);)

Oh, and no, I don't give a rats ass about your question, but it doesn't matter anyway, because I don't have an answer for you. My job on here is just to jack your threads and be a smartass. I'm not proud of it. That's just how it is. LOL :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hey Woodenhorse, my husband says he has used an expensive paint sealer that we have over my vinyl. I will post the name of it when I get home this evening. It is like a wax/polish that actually leaves a protective coating over the surface.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL Hopefully he'll come back after the temporary ban. That may have pissed him off enough where he doesn't want to come back. I'm not saying it was right or wrong so don't anyone jump my ass either way. I'm just saying I don't know if I would come back after being banned. :(:);)

Oh, and no, I don't give a rats ass about your question, but it doesn't matter anyway, because I don't have an answer for you. My job on here is just to jack your threads and be a smartass. I'm not proud of it. That's just how it is. LOL :D
ROTFLOL!!! You just get out of your therapy session????:D:D:p

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Woodenhorse, my husband says he has used an expensive paint sealer that we have over my vinyl. I will post the name of it when I get home this evening. It is like a wax/polish that actually leaves a protective coating over the surface.
Sounds like it's right up my alley...Thanks for your help Blue!!!!:):cool:

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts

When and Why did RSS get banned?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
When and Why did RSS get banned?
I think it happened over the last weekend. You must not spend much time in here. :D

You're best bet is to PM Dave the moderator, or one of the other mods and they can tell you the whole story. One of them was nice enough to fill me in on what I might have not already known.

Anyway, it's just a temporary ban, and if he wants to, he will be allowed to come back after a certain amount of time. Hopefully we will see his smiling face soon. :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
The Sealant I use is "Race Glaze" which is safe for all cured paint, fiberglass, chrome and plastic surfaces. It provides a durable (yet breathable) poly/acrylic coating to seal out fading, acid rain and airborne pollutants.

We purchased it from a paint supply store "HighTower" but here is the contact info from the bottle:
Race Glaze
P O Box 575
Lannon, WI 53046
PHONE: 1-888-722-3452

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Sealant I use is "Race Glaze" which is safe for all cured paint, fiberglass, chrome and plastic surfaces. It provides a durable (yet breathable) poly/acrylic coating to seal out fading, acid rain and airborne pollutants.

We purchased it from a paint supply store "HighTower" but here is the contact info from the bottle:
Race Glaze
P O Box 575
Lannon, WI 53046
PHONE: 1-888-722-3452
Much obliged to you and your hubby Blue! I'll get some....thanks.

·
Registered
835 Posts
You should see what it does to your paint! It is awesome stuff! One of my husbands secrets to winning paint at the contest!

·
Registered
5 Posts
vinyl decal

is there a difference in quality of those vinyl decal? Which vendor do you recommend? I prefer to buy a kit for the whole bike, not just the tank.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts