Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from desert southwest! Previous vstar 1100 owner until the Fury caught my eye a few months back and it was time for a change! Got my bike about a month ago and having lots of fun with it. It has cobra swept pipes, aftermarket air and a wild things fuel controller.

I'll share that I was out on the bike with my wife for a short ride that became shorter when I embarrassingly ran out of gas. Had only 90 miles on the tank, so that seemed rather odd, no gas light warning....

I started researching and thanks to great information on this forum, found that the fuel light sensor is bad, the fuel controller was set to crazy rich values, and plugs looked super black. After synthetic oil change, air filter cleaning, new plugs, making fuel controller adjustments (based on info found here) bike is running a ton better.

So again thanks for all those that take the time to post. It helped me a ton!

Here was the 'old' FC settings and plugs:

Here are the new FC settings and running much better:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Hi from desert southwest! Previous vstar 1100 owner until the Fury caught my eye a few months back and it was time for a change! Got my bike about a month ago and having lots of fun with it. It has cobra swept pipes, aftermarket air and a wild things fuel controller.

I'll share that I was out on the bike with my wife for a short ride that became shorter when I embarrassingly ran out of gas. Had only 90 miles on the tank, so that seemed rather odd, no gas light warning....

I started researching and thanks to great information on this forum, found that the fuel light sensor is bad, the fuel controller was set to crazy rich values, and plugs looked super black. After synthetic oil change, air filter cleaning, new plugs, making fuel controller adjustments (based on info found here) bike is running a ton better.

So again thanks for all those that take the time to post. It helped me a ton!
Glad you found useful information. And Welcome from Denver

Welcome from Gainesville, FL...

In 2018, finally got my first motorcycle, a stock 2016 in showroom condition.
View attachment 239226

Customizing is still a work-in-progress.
View attachment 239225
That bike might look really good in a different color. Have you thought about green?

Reactions: Furi15 and Gizmo

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
That bike might look really good in a different color. Have you thought about green?
Join the Green Reaper. I think I may be the only active member with a green Fury currently!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Oh yes! I thought about green...for quite a few months!

50883726_2033211370310189_1793496893049798656_n.jpg 51079005_974800276050995_8924584622499561472_n.jpg 51256891_2007265675975516_930492149143699456_n.jpg 51398895_367403237408594_3936924696058003456_n.jpg

The thief used it as camouflage so he could ride it in plain sight. The sheriffs were looking for a blue motorcycle. I'm not a hardcore or badass biker. I'm an old laid-back hippie type dude enjoying the wind/motorcycle therapy my first motorcycle provides. I think the Fury's Tri-Coat Ultra Metallic Blue is a perfectly "cool" complement to bike's design. And, apparently, so do a lot of people who see me riding. I get a lot of (y)'s and verbal compliments.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Damn that's a sad sight
A Columbia County Sheriffs' detective had that same thought when he saw the crappy paint job on it while viewing another burlarized Storage Center's video surveillance recording. The license plate of his accomplice's vehicle was visible, too. They pulled her over a few days later for a traffic violation and he was in the car w/her. "Book 'em, Dano!"

·
Registered
2,427 Posts

View attachment 239227 View attachment 239228 View attachment 239229 View attachment 239230

The thief used it as camouflage so he could ride it in plain sight. The sheriffs were looking for a blue motorcycle. I'm not a hardcore or badass biker. I'm an old laid-back hippie type dude enjoying the wind/motorcycle therapy my first motorcycle provides. I think the Fury's Tri-Coat Ultra Metallic Blue is a perfectly "cool" complement to bike's design. And, apparently, so do a lot of people who see me riding. I get a lot of (y)'s and verbal compliments.
I remember that. It has come a long ways since then

·
Registered
552 Posts

View attachment 239227 View attachment 239228 View attachment 239229 View attachment 239230

Man oh man. That would be hard to take. She looks great now though.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Man oh man. That would be hard to take. She looks great now though.
It was a bit frickin' brutal during cleanup. But, now...every time I see it I stand there for a spell and just smile. My son looks at me and says, "Wassup, dude?"

"Nothin'. Just glad I bought it. That's a really damn good lookin' bike!"

It continues to give me smiles.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Welcome from California! Black but not boring here, we all love our bikes.

There is a google map of our community, you can get to it from the link above my signature picture. We are filling it with willing member, ride locations, hangouts, etc. If you WANT, we can add you on there with just a zip code (no addresses online!). If not that's fine to, check it out and see who is nearby.

Be alert out there, it's not safe with everyone staring at their damned phones in their giant metal boxes. But enjoy the ride!

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. Check this thread, you might want to join in. Have fun and ride safe. Honda Fury Forums:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts