Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would throw up a few pictures of the sissybar that I bought from Ginz. What you see in the pictures is a 2010 Honda Fury with a Danny Gray 2 up seat, and the Ginz Tee Pee Hardcore sissybar powder coated gloss black.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's another set.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the last set.

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
Looking really good K!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree

and well the Mortons look good too!
Thank ya sir!

Lmfao of course you would like the Inferno's, although I'm sure yours look better than mine since mine are bronzed a little bit, should have gotten the heat shields, maybe one day I will.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice addition. I would like to get one of there bars someday. No pic with the pad on yet?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice addition. I would like to get one of there bars someday. No pic with the pad on yet?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Well I really wasn't going to put it on until the wife was going to ride, but the thing is that I did hold it up to the bar to see how it would look and how it hooked up and all that, and come to find out with as thick as the back passenger seat is that it interferes with the pad.

What I mean by that is that the way the brackets are on the pad they have grooves on them that the bar sits in and unless they sent me the wrong pad or bracket the pad would sit so low that the seat is in the way.

I'm going to call Ginz to see if they sent the right pad/bracket because I would think that the pad would sit higher on the sissybar, but if that's the way it is then I guess I wasted money on the pad because it won't fit.

Another thing that those with the big 2 up seats need to realize is that the templates that they send with the bar to show you where to drill the holes needs to be adjusted because the bar sits very tightly against the back of the seat with the stock template, I should have moved the templates back about a half inch so that it wasn't right against the seat, and I might even go back and redrill some holes so that it's not tight against the seat.

Also for those that are thinking about getting a Ginz bar and have done a T-Mod, realize that the way the brackets are that bolt to the fender frame that if you done over the standard T-Mod and don't have an air ride system that it's my belief that you won't be able to use this bar, I have the standard T-Mod and it's close. I haven't rode 2 up yet but I did turn the shock adjuster all the way up, I'll just keep an eye on it.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Looks really nice. I love my hardcore hellbent from Ginz. One of my best addons

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Looks Very Nice on your ride! Well worth the wait ain't it!
Also I recall from many moons ago a member here had the T-Mod and a Ginz Bar with tire rubbing the taps on the bolts. He solved the problem by putting the bolts in from the inside of the frame. In so doing the bolt head on the tire side of the frame gives more clearance.
Also make sure you have proper fender and bar clearance or else you can rub the paint off your fender.. it may look like it is clearing..but if it's pretty close to the fender the bike vibration will cause it to rub... check it when the bike is idling... I speak from experiencing this. I say this because you mentioned the back rest position not being right, my first bar caused the back rest to be to low.. the cause was the angles of the bends in first 2 bends in the bar had the wrong angle and it may have been a little short were it sets in the bracket.
Once I discovered this through to much thinking I called Ginz and without any problem they sent me a new bar and brackets at no cost to me and they even paid for me shipping the old bar back to them... So Hats OFF TO GINZ!!!
Sorry to be so long but if I can be of any help let me know!!!

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I'm definitely glad to have gotten a sissybar, now I have something to strap the backpack to instead of wearing it, and plus now the wife will be happy she has something to keeps her from sliding off the rear of the bike.

Yeah I got the hardcore also, I should have went up one size, it would probably look taller if the rear seat wasn't so thick.

Actually the instructions they send say to put the bolt head on the inside of the frame and the nuts on the outside, and that's the way I did it. I went out to the bike a little bit ago and I checked the spacing, on the right side I couldn't get my finger between the bracket and the tire, but on the left side I could.

Yeah I noticed that the front of the brackets are pretty close to the outside of the fender, how did you correct that? Wonder if I torqued that front one down more than the rear and that's why it's like that? No I didn't use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts like it says lol.

Yeah I plan on talking to Ginz to see what they recommend.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just went out and looked at the bike again and the front outside bolts are rubbing against the fender, I know it wasn't like that until I tightened the rear seat bolt down on the seat, so by tightening that bolt down I take it that it bowed the fender out on the sides enough for it to rub, hmmmm, fix one problem and get two more lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts