Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my miniapes from FMB Choppers on today. Seemed comfortable on the 45 minute ride home today. Had to add 4" to the brake line and reroute the others. Also moved the speedo to the top of the ignition cover. Adding a 30" sissy bar this weekend for the old school chopper look.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not bad. I have been considering some myself. Where is the sissy bar coming from. I hate my oem , but refuse to pay all the money someone like ginz is asking.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been thinking about that.... What are you thoughts on the speedo relocation?
I know STG makes a side mount to go above the intake but I wanted it on the other side to balance out the look. Ended up mounting it to the ignition cover. It's solid and doesn't move. Had to extend a wire.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not bad. I have been considering some myself. Where is the sissy bar coming from. I hate my oem , but refuse to pay all the money someone like ginz is asking.
Agree in the price for Ginz. I'm sure the quality is great but there is a ton of markup. I got a 30" cycle visions sissy bar off eBay and will fab a mount. I only ride solo, so it's just for an overnight bag.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are the adapters you're using for the bars? I'm really interested in your set up!
What's the hight? I'm thinking I could go for 10" Apes.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I've got 11" FMB Choppers mini apes and 1 1/2" LA Choppers risers. Anything taller than this and your replacing all cables. With this setup I only had to replace the brake line +4"

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got 11" FMB Choppers mini apes and 1 1/2" LA Choppers risers. Anything taller than this and your replacing all cables. With this setup I only had to replace the brake line +4"
Hello - I read this thread a year ago and I have finally found it. I am curious to know if the break like you had to replace was the front or the rear break cable. I love the look and I think I have decided to do something similar. Just ironing out all the details to start purchasing the parts. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Hello - I read this thread a year ago and I have finally found it. I am curious to know if the break like you had to replace was the front or the rear break cable. I love the look and I think I have decided to do something similar. Just ironing out all the details to start purchasing the parts. Thanks!
Rear brake is actuated by your right foot!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Excellent, I like the apes and the pipes. I’ve thought about welding a cross bar low on the apes and keeping the speedo there. It’s on my list 😎

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking at my computer screen at fmb bars and can't decide on height 12" sounds right. I'm 6'2" and want to lean back a bit with my duffle against my sissy bar. Bad back. Any suggestions? Oh, 2015 Fury.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question. If I’m only adding 3” riser do you think I’ll need to add or replace my cables?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts