Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery getting really weak, do not want to be rolling it off. What did you replace factory battery with?

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Picked up an Interstate battery at Daytona & was told there is no true gell battery available for Fury.

·
Registered
182 Posts
your factory battery if setup correct should last 5-6 yrs, if your battery went dead, and its because you dont ride your bike much then you need to get a battery tender. you batter looses charge do to the clock and odometer memery. the best battery to use is the factory replacement battery. and it needs to be setup correctly or it wont last to long. the acid pack should be put it and then the battery should sit for one hr before the empty pack is removed, then the sealing cap should be put in place, then charged at low 1amp for 10hrs. Or use a battery tender until the light turns green and starts to flash. if the battery isnt fully charged before a load is put on it, It will never fully charge. as the battery builds a memery.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
your factory battery if setup correct should last 5-6 yrs, if your battery went dead, and its because you dont ride your bike much then you need to get a battery tender. you batter looses charge do to the clock and odometer memery. the best battery to use is the factory replacement battery. and it needs to be setup correctly or it wont last to long. the acid pack should be put it and then the battery should sit for one hr before the empty pack is removed, then the sealing cap should be put in place, then charged at low 1amp for 10hrs. Or use a battery tender until the light turns green and starts to flash. if the battery isnt fully charged before a load is put on it, It will never fully charge. as the battery builds a memery.
The YTZ14S (OEM) comes filled, sealed and fully charged, doesn't come with the acid back, also, when you get a battery with an acid pack, you should put the seal on AFTER the battery is first charged.

·
Registered
182 Posts
when your bike comes to the dealer in its crate, the battery is in a box with an acid pack, the battery doesnt come filled and charged. I should know I have setup many of bikes at the dealer. Any way if a battery thats a yr old fails it normaly due to poor prep of the battery, and lack of useage, if the bike is used alot and your battery craps out, there could be draw, or a problem with the charging system. my 99 road star has its factory battery still, since new its always been hooked up to the battery tender when not in use. also my Honda gets hooked up to a tender.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
when your bike comes to the dealer in its crate, the battery is in a box with an acid pack, the battery doesnt come filled and charged. I should know I have setup many of bikes at the dealer. Any way if a battery thats a yr old fails it normaly due to poor prep of the battery, and lack of useage, if the bike is used alot and your battery craps out, there could be draw, or a problem with the charging system. my 99 road star has its factory battery still, since new its always been hooked up to the battery tender when not in use. also my Honda gets hooked up to a tender.
You are correct, but you also forget that this battery is used in a weaker Honda (A 750)... no going to go into it more besides that because I am drinking

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got my bike in summer of '09. The battery was already crapping out by fall. As soon as it got cold, it wasn't worth anything. Even after leaving a charger on it for 24 hrs, I could only get one start out of it. FYI: I ride a lot and there are no problems with any of the systems. It worked ok over the summer of '10, but was not working so good by August. After much complaining the dealer replaced it with the same battery it came with last fall, but this battery has lasted all winter, even with only starting it every few weeks in extreme cold. I was very surprised when it started on a 20 degree day.

I think they came with bad batteries from Japan. Get a new battery of the same type and you will probably be fine. BTW it is a gel battery in there.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Lithium Ion

Talk to Tony Fury. He replaced his EOM with a smaller Lithium Ion. Twice the price but twice the cranking power and about a third of the weight.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are correct, but you also forget that this battery is used in a weaker Honda (A 750)... no going to go into it more besides that because I am drinking
So what should I buy?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Picked up an Interstate battery at Daytona & was told there is no true gell battery available for Fury.
I have never heard this and my dealer suggested I go with the gel they offer. I think it was mostly because of the price difference. The bike starts everytime.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
I am not going to argue with some one with your vast knowledge of motorcycles, this is the battery that comes in the VT1300s Yuasa Batteries :: Motorcycle.

as clearly stated "factory activated,maintenance free", Hondas come with the battery IN THE MOTORCYCLE OR ATV. The ones that come with the YTX batteries come with an acid pack attached to the ATV or in a box with other misc parts.(scooters and some model bikes). I have stated many times in other threads why I think some folks are having battery problems.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Damn! $200!
And it does say "factory activated".
Seems kind of high priced to me.
I have learned that motorcycles are almost as bad as boats when buying parts.
Everything's way over priced! Good thing gas is a hell of a lot cheaper for a bike then a boat.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 39 Posts