Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Success! Seat is installed, chrome Thunder MFG adapter installed, D2Moto Spike installed. The garage backdrop leaves a lot to be desired, and I apologize for the fingerprints on the chrome... too cold in the garage to sit around polishing... but here goes.

On the C&C solo I went with the Tribal insert leather in a "keystone suede" material, it's not suede but it is soft and looks sort of pebbled... nice tone-on-tone with a shark grey stitch around the flames. Ordered it just before Christmas, but they were closing for the holidays, so when they got back to work 1/3 they made it and shipped it same day, 1 week delivery from California to CT... not bad.

The D2Moto spike is nice for the price, no complaints. The Thunder MFG adapter kit is so clean looking... not overdone and looks functional but shiny.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
THAT IS COOL!
Good choice on the seat color! Breaks it up a little.
Nice!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I love that seat--real nice change of pace for the Fury--good going, dj!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Lol, oh yea... here come the reflector police again to the rescue :p

Nice job on the overall of your bike bro, looks like you've got a plan in your head and a direction!

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to see apes!!!!!
Trust me, me too... I'm guessing it'll be a couple weeks before they're done and back from the chromer. Longer than waiting for Christmas as a kid!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Love it! You've just settled it for me I'm going with the thunder mfg. adapter.:D Looks awesome!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Success! Seat is installed, chrome Thunder MFG adapter installed, D2Moto Spike installed. The garage backdrop leaves a lot to be desired, and I apologize for the fingerprints on the chrome... too cold in the garage to sit around polishing... but here goes.

On the C&C solo I went with the Tribal insert leather in a "keystone suede" material, it's not suede but it is soft and looks sort of pebbled... nice tone-on-tone with a shark grey stitch around the flames. Ordered it just before Christmas, but they were closing for the holidays, so when they got back to work 1/3 they made it and shipped it same day, 1 week delivery from California to CT... not bad.

The D2Moto spike is nice for the price, no complaints. The Thunder MFG adapter kit is so clean looking... not overdone and looks functional but shiny.

Hey DJ - how easy was the adapter install? Was everything needed included?? Reason I ask is because of those 2 small filters that come with the L&M adapter... Do I need to fit something similar??? Cheers for any advice...

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Everything needed comes with the Thunder adapter, as long as you order the right part number. In this case it was:

40107A - HON Fury-Corsair Adaptor Only - Type A

That and some Permatex High Tack or similar gasket adhesive to hold the rubber seal in place while you bold up the adapter plate and you're good to go.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Everything needed comes with the Thunder adapter, as long as you order the right part number. In this case it was:

40107A - HON Fury-Corsair Adaptor Only - Type A

That and some Permatex High Tack or similar gasket adhesive to hold the rubber seal in place while you bold up the adapter plate and you're good to go.
Thanks - yes, that was the part Thunder told me to order. And I'll take your advice on the gasket adhesive :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts