Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my rear rim and polished rotors back from Cycle Image and they look great right out of the box! The rotor looks as good as the chrome. The front rim should be in in a day or two and I will post pics of the bike when they on installed.

IMG_1320.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
BLING!!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Congrats!

I wish I didn't have such a hankering for ape hangers, or there'd be chrome wheels under my tree this Christmas.

Someday...

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
WOW!!!

You take that thing out in the daylight and people are going to go blind for 3 blocks.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Nice!

I just ordered my rims from Classic Components, as well as the rear cover from L&M. All parts should be here by Tues next week, at the latest.

I'll be posting post-installation pics, as well. This should complete the total look of the bike!

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
DAMN! Almost makes me want to chrome rims :D

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
DAMN! Almost makes me want to chrome rims :D
On one of the Cali chromers websites are photos of the entire 5-layer chroming process. The first layer is copper.

That got me thinking how cool would it be to get a black Fury and have all of the items we're getting in chrome - including the items that come on the bike that are chrome - and doing a copper bike.

Not as cool as OCC's "Statue of Liberty" bike, but not nearly the price, either!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Not big on chrome but looks good. With that said... and hate to be a damper on the chrome work... but how is the rotor going to hold up the the heat from the friction that the pads are going to create when you are breaking? Do you have a guarantee on the chrome work?

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know it looks like the rotors are chrome but they are not. they are polished.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
On one of the Cali chromers websites are photos of the entire 5-layer chroming process. The first layer is copper.

That got me thinking how cool would it be to get a black Fury and have all of the items we're getting in chrome - including the items that come on the bike that are chrome - and doing a copper bike.

Not as cool as OCC's "Statue of Liberty" bike, but not nearly the price, either!
How bout this one ?

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
jeez, that's gorgeous. I'd be too paranoid to ride it anywhere.
"The Circuit Rider" Lincoln Bicentennial Motorcycle designed by Kim Shirley of Kim's Auto Body Inc., Springfield, IL.
They originally asked OCC and the price was way too much, the body shop stepped up and said they could do it, The wheels are one offs made by Extreme Machine here in Jacksonville, the pegs are slave shackles, the brake pedal is a USA Civil War belt buckle, there is a replica of the derringer that killed Lincoln on it, the pipes are made to look like logs (Lincoln is the "Rail Splitter"), the intake is Lincoln w/ stove pipe hat. I have seen this bike on display all over Illinois at the HD dealers, the museum and the state fair, and it always amazes me. But it probably doesn't have more than 100 miles on it. Side note, one of the "custodians" of this bike rides a VTX 1800F.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
"The Circuit Rider" Lincoln Bicentennial Motorcycle designed by Kim Shirley of Kim's Auto Body Inc., Springfield, IL.
They originally asked OCC and the price was way too much, the body shop stepped up and said they could do it, The wheels are one offs made by Extreme Machine here in Jacksonville, the pegs are slave shackles, the brake pedal is a USA Civil War belt buckle, there is a replica of the derringer that killed Lincoln on it, the pipes are made to look like logs (Lincoln is the "Rail Splitter"), the intake is Lincoln w/ stove pipe hat. I have seen this bike on display all over Illinois at the HD dealers, the museum and the state fair, and it always amazes me. But it probably doesn't have more than 100 miles on it. Side note, one of the "custodians" of this bike rides a VTX 1800F.
That's impressive as all getout. But, it ain't as sexy as a chopper :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Diddlin' around in PhotoShop, so far I've come up with this:
image remove by me[IMG][/QUOTE]

Very interesting ... kind of in the middle on this one, but it's not bad....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts