Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a new thread regarding chrome wheels and polished rotors.

What I got:
* Hexavalent Chrome Honda Fury Wheels from Classic Components
* Polished Honda Fury Rotors from Classic Components
* Polished Rear Wheel Cover from Low & Mean (here)

Funny story: My guy over at the shop calls and says they have a problem - my rotors are chromed, not polished. I get him Mike's number at CC and they talk. Seems the guys at my shop were thrown off by some of the drip-marks in the hub of the rotor - they are indeed polished, NOT chromed. But, they're so brilliant, it IS just hard to believe.

If you want to see unadulterated photos I just took - even though I've not a moment, yet, to clean up the bike since getting her back from the shop - then click on any of these links and patiently await for the full-size download to complete:
http://www.jazznsax.com/HondaFury/RightSide.jpg
http://www.jazznsax.com/HondaFury/LeftSide.jpg
http://www.jazznsax.com/HondaFury/RightFrontWheel.jpg
http://www.jazznsax.com/HondaFury/LeftFrontWheel.jpg
http://www.jazznsax.com/HondaFury/RightRearWheel.jpg

Below I have uploaded the same photos resized to 20% of original. But, they don't do the wheels justice AT ALL:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Wow, looks good... can't wait to get mine done... I keep post-poning mine trying to figure out if I want to get them widened or a different course, hopefully after the holidays.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
rc comp ravens - matching rotors - all chrome
There's my second option as well, looks great! did you get a good price for those? I will still have to widen the damn back rim though or buy some 8.5's and widen the swing-arm... we'll see...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Those rc comp rear rims are 5.5 inch, isn't that a problem considering: "the I want a fat rear tyre syndrom ?" :D

Btw Red, I emailed the guys from rc components about their rims. They cost front+rear about 2500 dollars, have to use your own rotors.
21 X 2.15 Front
18 X 5.5 Rear

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Those rc comp rear rims are 5.5 inch, isn't that a problem considering: "the I want a fat rear tyre syndrom ?" :D

Btw Red, I emailed the guys from rc components about their rims. They cost front+rear about 2500 dollars, have to use your own rotors.
21 X 2.15 Front
18 X 5.5 Rear
Going the route I was thinking before and the route Tdbeers took, widen the RC rim to 7" or buy and 8.5" rim and widen the swing arm... uggg, decisions decisions... lol

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
the rims will run you 2400-2800, the matching rotors... which you have to use since the stock ones WONT work are 600 for the pair. the wheel in the back is not fat but hey maybe i can have it widened or sell them eventually and head to the sumo route.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
the rims will run you 2400-2800, the matching rotors... which you have to use since the stock ones WONT work are 600 for the pair. the wheel in the back is not fat but hey maybe i can have it widened or sell them eventually and head to the sumo route.
Sending you a PM...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Stock rotors won't work? Thats strange, the sales person of rc components told specifically that you should use the stock ones.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
BLING!! now your going to blind the Blue's down there!! Nice!!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Looks BAD ASS!

MAn that bad boy sparkles...

Now the forks, just kidding:p
Oh boy, plant another seed why don't ya? :rolleyes:\

Here's the total outlay on my end, which is why I'm done [for awhile]:
  • Chrome Wheels (after core charge refund): $650
  • Polished Rotors (after core charge refund): $115
  • FedEx Ground to return 23"x23"x24"x78lbs: $67
  • All new bearings, seals and chrome stems: $174
  • Labor for Tire swap, balance, wheel prep, etc: $394

Grand Total: $1400

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
OMG!!! Those are nicest I've seen- Time to start saving my pennies now! You set a high mark on those Bro!

·
Registered
574 Posts
want to do the same. right now i just got the polished rotors, chrome kickstand and chromed switch covers. maybe after christmas.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, maybe you could hire Urban to come down and cleanout your garage!
Skap:

It's not been a full day, yet. Remember last year? He changed his mind within a day ;)

We'll get someone really good back at UF. But, I hope Urban does ONE thing before he leaves - Fire Steve Addazio!!

BTW, my prediction is that Meyer is headed this year or next to Denver to be with his boy Tebow. Go back and watch any tape - Urban's not been the same since Tim left campus. The dude's got postpartum depression :eek:

TTYL

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Stock rotors won't work? Thats strange, the sales person of rc components told specifically that you should use the stock ones.
unless they have changed something since i got these in august, they will not work. dont quote me on this but i believe they are called "floating" rotors or something. and that is different than what we have. either way they stocks didnt work

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
unless they have changed something since i got these in august, they will not work. dont quote me on this but i believe they are called "floating" rotors or something. and that is different than what we have. either way they stocks didn't work
That is what I know of as well... Think it even says it on their website.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts