Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, have my new pipes in place from Mortons Custom Cycles out of Concord. Man, they sound SWEET! Some of the best sounding pipes I've heard. They sound loud and great at idle and low speeds and just right at highway speeds. Def. head turners as far as looks and sound.
No fuel controller or power commander installed but it's recommended. Im just waiting on the maps from dynojet.
Sorry the pics are pretty bad but thats all I've got right now. Also, picked up a few extra ponies, naturally.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hey looks great, could you tell us what is the diameter of the pipes? They look small, but it could be the picture. There's already a lot of Honda Fury exhaust available and we think it great for a bike this new to get so much action! This just say that the Fury has been released... hahah just had to through that in...

LM

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice! Those are the same pipes I got. Have you added a fuel controller? My bike was definitely running lean after I put them on but now with the fuel controller set up right and I have a lot more power.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is how far the tip gets ground down if you're an aggressive rider. My foot pegs are scraping before the pipes again and if you look at the rear tire I am past the edge of the tread so I know the pipe won't get any shorter!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
This is how far the tip gets ground down if you're an aggressive rider. My foot pegs are scraping before the pipes again and if you look at the rear tire I am past the edge of the tread so I know the pipe won't get any shorter!
Damn!!!! Looks like Mortons should have shortened them a little bit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It doesn't really bother me. You don't notice if you're not looking for it and even then it's not that bad. Since I put the pipes on I haven't stopped for gas or a drink a single time without someone asking if it's a custom built chopper. I got a few looks before, but now everyone looks. I even get asked a a lot of stoplights what it is. Well worth it. People can't believe it's a Honda when I tell them. Also, many people probably don't go that low through corners either. I have almost scraped the nuts off of the pegs already.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well, have my new pipes in place from Mortons Custom Cycles out of Concord. Man, they sound SWEET! Some of the best sounding pipes I've heard. They sound loud and great at idle and low speeds and just right at highway speeds. Def. head turners as far as looks and sound.
No fuel controller or power commander installed but it's recommended. Im just waiting on the maps from dynojet.
Sorry the pics are pretty bad but thats all I've got right now. Also, picked up a few extra ponies, naturally.

Cool Pipes. I like them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
L&M, I'm not sure of the diameter if them but I'll see what I can find out. I have no means of recording a sound clip myself but they do sound mean.
I did scrape the lower pipe once on a 100mi ride but not too bad. Doug Morton, who designed them suggested a fuel controller. He actually put one on but the controller seemed unnecessary since any adjustment made was very minor and just not cost effective in his opinion. I haven’t noticed and popping on decel or any other load however, I am waiting on a power commander since I do want to assure proper fuel/air not to mention changing the intake out eventually.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I would look at an adjustable fuel controller. That way, you can adjust it as you add things onto the bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey noscycle2 I just got my Mortons in this morning still waiting on the power commander. How's it still running sofar? I want to put mine on so bad and see how it sounds but just wondering is it going to mess things up much untill I get the commander in?

Larry
Toledo,Ohio

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Larry... it runs fine. No bluing of the pipes at all so far so thats a good sign. I wouldnt think you would have any problems while keeping the stock air intake. I do hope to have sometype of fuel controller within a few weeks. Within the past two weeks, I've only ridden about 200mi. Go ahead and put em on!

·
Registered
19 Posts
OMG that is pure Fn hell they sound so wicket took me a little time I went nice and slow. I was at a stop light and when I took off I scared the hell out of some kids in the next to me it was great lol Thanks alot for the info there. I am of course going to take it easy till the power commander gets in.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds GREAT! Where did you guys order the pipes from? Are they for the VTX 1300 with fabricated mount? Can't seem to find any for the fury.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts