Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, purchased my fury back in november and made my first mod, which was the new 3" fwd controls from DLX. I must say, very helpful although there were a few minor details that weren't mentioned in the installation. First, when I was installing the shifter, I had no idea that the cap could be removed and then by removing 3 allen heads, you could completely adjust where the shifter would be, after a few hours and a couple of beer I soon realized this and then it was a piece of cake lining up the linkage rod, had that side done in no time. The brake side, to all: when purchasing and after removing all the stock lines, do not think you are done, follow the line all the way back and behind the exhaust you'll find a block where the final connection will be made and this is where you will install the pressure switch. I had no idea this was there and Miguel who assisted me in this process was ready to make me a new part, we were both not on the same page, either way after a day at work getting thread counts, I came back home, re-evaluated and voila a perfect installation, bled the brakes the best I could and just got back from an 1.5 hour ride. The ride was so comfortable compared to the stock I completely lost track of time. I am only 5'9" and a perfect stretch, no more numb ass or sore shoulders, these controls are definately going to be the best purchase I will ever make. Thank you DLX, you will be getting my business in the future.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
You're 5-9 and needed extendeds? holey moley, you must have long legs.
so, you've still got the stock seat and no risers, right?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Those controls are wicked. I've wanted to get them but I'm 5'9 myself and thought 3" would be too much of a stretch. Figured 1-2 would suit me better. I've researched these but they don't come out in other extension lengths.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Im 5'8 and was thinking about pulling the controls back an inch or two.... If I was to put them forward anymore they would have blocks on them....

·
Registered
970 Posts
Im actually gonna order once I find out how to get the discount all you can do on the website is pay full price I have a pm in to DLX on here, hope to order today.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would just send them an email quoting the post. It says it's good until Jan 31st so I'm sure they'll take care of you. So far, they have been an excellent vendor with nothing but praise from everyone who has used them.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Im 5'8 and was thinking about pulling the controls back an inch or two.... If I was to put them forward anymore they would have blocks on them....
Wow. I am only 5'10" and I felt super cramped with my stock setup. I thought 3" was a little extreme as well until I was able to ride it and man, what a nice difference.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Ok just got off the phone with Miguel from DLX to use the 10% discount you have to call in your order. He said he would ship them out tommorrow A+ company

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I am 5'9" and any further forward and I would be lying down. Like Skapp says you must have really long legs becasue my legs are short and other parts long LOLOLOLOLOL Hope my wife isn't reading this

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
controls

I did not get the discount due to the fact I did not know about it, and the extra 3 inches isn't that bad of a reach, it gives me a more relaxed ride without feeling cramped. The only thing I needed help with is bleed the rear brake and my dealership did it for free.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
risers and seat

correct, I do have the stock seat and no risers, and the seat feels way more comfortable with this set up, I have no complaints, and I'm sure if you get these and they are to far away, you might be able to bring them back with a couple of modifications or dlx might be able to customize it for you or give you a refund

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
dlxProdox

Hi Sailor,
I just ordered my set of forwards in chrome today, Paid by Paypal, now I just
can't wait til they arrive -

I had several emails with Miguel discussing fitment to the ABS version of the Fury and he said it fits and works perfectly on both std and ABS version.

And I got the 10% disc as a Forum Menber (but eaten up by Freight costs to Aus..)

I will be fitting these myself so will let you know how I go once it is all setup.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
thanks OHighOWE,
I will be sure to check on that when I receive my parcell..

(are you sure it will still be reversed when it arrives down under?)

hehehehe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts