Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the cobra speedster slashdown exhaust with fuel controller and now my bike will lose power and even shut off sometimes while riding. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Check your sparkplugs, could be running too rich or too lean. you either arnt tuned right or the fuel controler is bad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked the spark plugs...they look good. It's hit and miss, somedays it runs fine other days it struggles

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Did you make sure the pipes are on tight... and that you re-tightened them after 100 miles?

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
I recently installed the cobra speedster slashdown exhaust with fuel controller and now my bike will lose power and even shut off sometimes while riding. Any suggestions?
what mods do you have and what are you pots set at?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I feel for you man...did you call Cobra? surely they can help you. Wouldn't be good for cobra to mess with a bunch of chatty Fury boyz: street cred and all that, y'know. keep us in the loop, please. I'm looking for low, throaty pipes, my self. the cobras are a tad high pitched for my taste. yet they are very rad looking.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
You might

I know the fuel controler has a ground wire . it sounds like a loose ground or maybe where you grounded the controler is a painted bolt so its not making a good ground so under a load it looses the ground . Just a thought David

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I'm thinking a ground issue too. IF your settings IN the cobra weren't accurate i don't think it would be as much of an issue as you stated. Try the ground then call cobra if it doesn't help.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I'm thinking a ground issue too. IF your settings IN the cobra weren't accurate i don't think it would be as much of an issue as you stated. Try the ground then call cobra if it doesn't help.
My brother had the same exact symptoms you described it was on a VTX 1800 and his was tuned in a shop, he thought it was one of the wires going into the module was intermittent which a friend of his had that problem, but it was the ground. He cleaned the paint from under the screw reattached the wire then painted it with clear touch up paint to prevent corrosion. His bike ran the rest of last summer without a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update, recently came back from deployment and had to replace the battery (wife let it sit :mad:) and found that the fuel controller wasn't grounded out properly. Got the new battery in and the fule controller grounded out and the Fury is running great. Anyone in the Camp Pendleton area looking to ride hit me up. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Just an update, recently came back from deployment and had to replace the battery (wife let it sit :mad:) and found that the fuel controller wasn't grounded out properly. Got the new battery in and the fule controller grounded out and the Fury is running great. Anyone in the Camp Pendleton area looking to ride hit me up. Thanks for the help.
Sweet, we have a ride coming up, don't forget to cap the pair valves as well if you get a chance and also, check out this link for more details on the upcoming ride:

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/5888-cooks-corner-02-05-11-a.html

Hope to see you there for that one... I often times go up to Julian as well, but I am off to Vegas this weekend :D:D:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts