Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucille got some jewelry today. Yes my bike is named after Lucille Ball. Got my exhaust from fsd in today. Went straight home and installed them. Took less than 30 minutes. These pipes are way loud compared to the stock pipes. This is the only thing I've done to this bike minus removing the back seat and pegs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Lucille got some jewelry today. Yes my bike is named after Lucille Ball. Got my exhaust from fsd in today. Went straight home and installed them. Took less than 30 minutes. These pipes are way loud compared to the stock pipes. This is the only thing I've done to this bike minus removing the back seat and pegs.
Any heat issues? How does it feels like when you are standing on the red light? Isn't too close to the leg?

This is my favorite looking production exhaust!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any heat issues? How does it feels like when you are standing on the red light? Isn't too close to the leg?

This is my favorite looking production exhaust!
So far no. I haven't ridden it far though 10-15 minutes at a time. I will say I have to stand a little wider at lights. It's not bad. Just gonna take some getting used to. No issues when riding. My legs are pretty damn big too

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after riding the bike over the last few days with this exhaust on it you do have to sit with your leg a little further out on the pegs and stand a bit wider on the ground. They just burned a hole in my favorite pants lol.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
So after riding the bike over the last few days with this exhaust on it you do have to sit with your leg a little further out on the pegs and stand a bit wider on the ground. They just burned a hole in my favorite pants lol.
Your legs probably longer than mine (I'm 5' 10") and you still burned your pans LOL. I'm definitely not looking to buy a leg burner.

Frankie Serrano (FSD) has lots beautifully designed pipes for HD, I wish he's considering to design something similar for a Fury. 3D 2into1 is just too 3D for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Fury is the first "NEW" bike I got. All the bikes before were retro with after market exhaust by previous owners. Can I just make mine a little louder without changing the pipes. I think years ago guys used to remove baffles. Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,545 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your legs probably longer than mine (I'm 5' 10") and you still burned your pans LOL. I'm definitely not looking to buy a leg burner.

Frankie Serrano (FSD) has lots beautifully designed pipes for HD, I wish he's considering to design something similar for a Fury. 3D 2into1 is just too 3D for me.
I am 5'10 also. The pants were a cargo pants made partly of nylon. They just got hot and burned a whole. None of my other pants have had issues and I haven't burned my leg yet. I ride daily. I am still happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I love my FSD exhaust. I'm 5'4" / 5'5" on a good day :D and I've yet to burn a pair of pants... and NO I don't wear those stupid skinny jeans... hhahahahaha. Yes, you do have stand a little wider at lights and rest your foot a little further out on the peg. My brother (TRX450RR) and I designed peg plates that are 3/4" up and 1" back that you can mount any clevis to use any HD peg or what ever clevis/peg combo you want. And it mounts to the factory bolt holes. I've made the mistake of riding my bike home from our shop one day in shorts and gave myself the slightest burn on my leg... luckly it wasn't bad at all... but that was enough for me to give up riding in shorts... lol

·
Registered
818 Posts
My pipes are the same. The trick I use at lights, is to lean on my left foot, with my right foot resting on the peg and applying the foot brake. Keeps my inside leg away from the pipe.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
My pipes are the same. The trick I use at lights, is to lean on my left foot, with my right foot resting on the peg and applying the foot brake. Keeps my inside leg away from the pipe.
Thanks, that's what I was worried about.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thanks, that's what I was worried about.
Its a good posture (for me) for those long lights. I can put it in neutral and take my hands off the handle bars while the foot brake is on. When green comes up, grip the clutch and front brake, put right foot down and tap the shifter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts