Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the new 3 inch extended forward controls from DLX Prodox. They are super comfortable and my leg and foot position is way more comfortable than with the stock controls. The height of the brake and shift pedal is adjustable and both pegs fold in.
They take some getting used to, but I have no reservations about making the switch. These controls are awesome.

I also have a set of grips from DLX as well (they are the Black Raptor set).
They really add to the look that I am going for on the bike.

I have had a great experience with the guys at DLX. They really know their stuff and make sure that everything is designed for perfect fitment.
DLXPRODOX.com - DLXPRODOX.com

Here are the photos:

To see larger photos (because this is the limit of my html knowledge) here is the link to the flickr set with all of them.
Honda Fury Forward Controls - DLX Prodox - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I WILL be getting these very soon. Totally blows away the Accutronics controls. Definitely on my list!!!

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Hey Toadster,
I am interested to know how tall you are?
if you dont mind me asking..

I am 6' and have always found my fury a little cramped.
I tend to ride with the back of my heel resting on the pegs
which is not ideal but comfy on a long run.

I don't like the look of pics I have seen of the Acutronix units
but these DLXPROD units look sweet.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Did you put these on yourself?? If so, how difficult was it?

Looks great by the way
Pnasty: I can't speak to these forward controls, but if they're similar to installing Accutronix's forward controls, you should be able to do it yourself ... I did mine and this is my first motorcycle EVER.

The only thing that I got assistance on was bleeding the rear brakes because Accutronix's fwd controls come with a new master cylinder. I bled them as best as I could, then drove her up to the shop where they did a 300% better job than I could seem to accomplish ... and they double-checked everything else, as well. That was $60 doing it that way than a couple hundred buck$ had I had the shop do it all for me.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Pnasty: I can't speak to these forward controls, but if they're similar to installing Accutronix's forward controls, you should be able to do it yourself ... I did mine and this is my first motorcycle EVER.

The only thing that I got assistance on was bleeding the rear brakes because Accutronix's fwd controls come with a new master cylinder. I bled them as best as I could, then drove her up to the shop where they did a 300% better job than I could seem to accomplish ... and they double-checked everything else, as well. That was $60 doing it that way than a couple hundred buck$ had I had the shop do it all for me.
Thank you StPete I am a few weeks away from pulling the trigger on these...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am 5'10" and the stock setup was too cramped for me too. 3" made a huge difference.

I personally did not install them. DLX did because they had to make the shift linkage and brake light sensor. The hardest part that I saw them do was bleed the brake line. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just purchased these, and finished installing. I have a concern on the mounting of the aluminum block with the pressure switch, toadster, do you think you could post a picture of the mounting location of this? Thanks.

And by the way, I am a new member here and this was my first mod, after installing took a quick trip to see how they feel, and way more comfortable than the stock controls.

·
Registered
675 Posts
They Look very Badass! Same price as the accutronix? Pnasty.......are you doing this mod yourself? might get them soon too, but aint noway I'm attempting to put em on myself. Im a clueless bastard sometimes.:D

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I gotta say I like those better then mine. I have the Accutronix 3" extended.
I think they look to big! These on the other hand look a little smaller.
Nice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts