Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I broke down and traded my '97 Honda Magna for a brand new Honda Fury in the matte gray finish. I rode over to a friend's place to show the bike off and some guy in a Prius runs into it while it was parked and knocked the bike over.:mad::mad::mad: The exhaust, both rear signals, the right mirror, the right brake peg/pedal assembly, the front brake lever, and the right grip cap were damaged. The insurance adjuster will be out in the next few days to appraise the damage.

I was planning on customizing anyway so I was looking for some input for the parts to use the insurance money on. I am looking to buy the cobra black swept exhaust/power commander, new mirrors, grips,etc. Any list of parts that others have put on that look good on this finish would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sorry to hear it Glock

Bum deal friend, but hang in there; when the insurance comes in and you start seeing the cool new parts go on you'll probably start feeling a lot better.

On the parts question I'd suggest running a search up above on various parts; you'll see tons of mods guys have been doing since last summer. I'll make a quick mention of pipes; the black cobra's look really good, but if you run a search on viper-2's you'll see some LE's (matte grey bikes) that some of the guys have put black viper 2's from fuggin' fabrication onto; it's in my opinion a really killer look on the matte grey bikes. That's just style preference of course; if you specifically want the long swept look the cobra's are excellent pipes. Although, if you're like everyone else here (including myself) who've mounted the cobra swepts you should get about two weeks out of them before you decide you simply HAVE to have the baffles out lol.

Samson USA also makes some excellent pipes; louder than the cobra's according to guys here who've put them on; pricier too but it all costs an arm and a leg. Lotta guys have a list of their parts under their bike pics; this can be a rich source of new things to drain your wallet on :)

Good luck with the repairs and don't forget to start posting as it all starts coming together.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Don,

Sorry to hear that. I am sure you will find a lot of good info and ideas on here. There are plenty of options. You can always start with a Kuryakyn catalogue to get ideas.

Richard

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
How good of terms are you with the dealer ? Some will work with you some won't, you need to talk to them right away and tell them you plan on upgrading with the money. Depending on how bad the pipes are damaged, since they are really expensive, you might want to get new (aftermarket) pipes instead of stock. Most of the other parts are available on the for sale board here.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Man that sucks! Just start going through some of these threads and you will get tons of ideas.. just make it your own man..good luck...HOW PISSED WERE YOU?

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Hello
This is my first poat so please forgive me
I own a 98 magna(love it)-but thinking of taking the plunge to a fury, I would really appreciate your insights
Todd
OK, Just do it ;) You wont regret it :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Magna is definitely a faster and sportier bike that the Fury. For the 23 miles that I got to ride the Fury it seems like a much better bike and has more low-end power. Not to mention it looks a heck of a lot better than the Magna and has a bigger selection of aftermarket parts. I imagine with some quick upgrades on the Fury, you could get back up to the Magna's power. I definitely don't regret it.

Don

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Sorry to hear about your recent accident however providing there isn't any issues with the insurance company this little mishap could be a blessing in disguise. I know it seems like it sucks right now but shortly it might feel like you hit the lottery seeing as most everyone eventually swaps out and up grades most of the parts on the bike anyways. This could have saved you a lot of money in the long run. I would be glad to have an insurance check now forall the replacement costs of the pile of stock parts sitting in the corner of my garage. Hang in there and smile every time you make an upgrade without reaching into your pocket. Good Luck and Keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
This is my first poat so please forgive me
I own a 98 magna(love it)-but thinking of taking the plunge to a fury, I would really appreciate your insights
Todd
Todd, find a dealer and check them out. It is the best bike I have ever had or ridden.

Damn prius....the brakes probally failed!
That's good. I have a Lexus and a Highlander and so far neither of my cars are on the list.

·
Premium Member
13,933 Posts
Today I broke down and traded my '97 Honda Magna for a brand new Honda Fury in the matte gray finish. I rode over to a friend's place to show the bike off and some guy in a Prius runs into it while it was parked and knocked the bike over.:mad::mad::mad: The exhaust, both rear signals, the right mirror, the right brake peg/pedal assembly, the front brake lever, and the right grip cap were damaged. The insurance adjuster will be out in the next few days to appraise the damage.

I was planning on customizing anyway so I was looking for some input for the parts to use the insurance money on. I am looking to buy the cobra black swept exhaust/power commander, new mirrors, grips,etc. Any list of parts that others have put on that look good on this finish would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don
at the price of new parts you can do a lot of mods. oh! dont forget the rental.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts

Thanks,
Don
Glad you're not hurt and it was the idiots fault for running into it...

On that note.. did ya scratch the tank at all? Lol... looking for a swappable tank for my ride :p So I can go get it painted and have the spare set of tins to do it with... :cool:

Oh, just read through all the posts... we have so much info here, we run out of things to talk about from time to time.... :D

·
Registered
394 Posts

Thanks,
Don
Don,
This could be a blessing. Now you can customize your bike at the Prius driver’s expense. Get more than one estimate. Be happy you were not on the bike when it was hit.

If I can help, let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought the bike in cash so the dealer won't be involved at all. I'm doing all my own repairs with aftermarket parts. As far as the estimate goes, since I own the bike outright the appraiser decides how much money I get and writes me a check on the spot. The only problem I have is the rear brake pedal was scratched and I was just going to get a cover for it...however I can't find one that fits the fury's pedal. Anyone have a link to one that would work?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I bought the bike in cash so the dealer won't be involved at all. I'm doing all my own repairs with aftermarket parts. As far as the estimate goes, since I own the bike outright the appraiser decides how much money I get and writes me a check on the spot. The only problem I have is the rear brake pedal was scratched and I was just going to get a cover for it...however I can't find one that fits the fury's pedal. Anyone have a link to one that would work?
Do you mean the peg?... or the actual arm that holds the peg? Or your footrest for the forward controls on the break side..? There are lot's of different things you can do for it, maybe I'm over-thinking this problem too much and the second cup of coffee is shorting out my logic functions...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.