Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my Fury a couple weeks ago (and have had to fend my husband off ever since! So he could enjoy this glorious machine also, I learned to ride his 02 Yamaha R1 so we could trade off on long rides). I upgraded from a Nighthawk 250 which I had for about 3 years. The Fury is AMAZING. I can't wait to start fitting it with extras. Anyone have good reccs for Fury parts?

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Welcome to the mix, what parts you looking to add ? There are quite a few places to go but need to know what your looking at first.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
low and mean - raw design - myfuryride ( member ) for pipes and other things

sumo x does fat tires.

easy e and painter as well as some others on here do paint

not a whole lot out for the bike yet but more seems to be coming on quick

accutronix make the fwd controls i have

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
also if you are looking to buy something post here first. people can give you honest ( hopefully) reviews of almost any part or mod.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. This site has invaluable information. I've already learned a few things.

Are there any suggested first mods? My first thoughts would be FC and air intake. Would like to relocate the plate and eliminate that whole bulky mess as well. pipes eventually, though that'll take a little saving. She only has 400 miles on her. Is there a certain mileage which should be reached before making any mods (e.g. breaking-in period)?

I recently read some posts about octane usage. We always put 89 in all of our bikes (the Fury, the Yamaha R1, and our atv's - Yamaha Banshees/Blaster), though I read a few posts advising against that. Does everyone pretty much concur with this determination? I haven't had any problems with the Fury yet ::crosses fingers & knocks on wood::, however we've recently noticed my husband's R1 has a knocking when slowing down in 1st gear - only in the low rpm's. Could this be caused from using the 89? We've had the R1 since 2005 and have always used 89. I thought I read something relating octane and engine knock...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. This site has invaluable information. I've already learned a few things. ...
OH. I'm a daily commuter, and would usually ride my CB250 in the rain. I've read a LOT of posts about water problems - specifically when washing the bike. Should I even avoid riding in rain? Is there a threat of electrical mishaps even just riding in the rain? Or is that primarily focused around pressure washing?

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Always nice to have another lady rider chime in. Use 87 octane. No mid or premium needed. At 5'1", you will not have to worry about extended forward controls. Big money savings there for you. Check with Cannella Custom Cycle for their 3 inch bar riser. Will bring the handlebar's back just enough for you. Look great also. Save your coins and start making your mod list. Enjoy that Fury and let's see some pics.........

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
welcome to the group.i power wash my fury all the time,never had a water problem.been doing it since april of 2009.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd hold off on FC and intake until AFTER the pipes, but that's just me. If you're 5'1 I'd get risers first. I'm 6'0 and still need them. Put a few hundred miles on your seat and decide if you need a new one. Miraculously, my a$$ matches the Fury stock seat, I can go 200 miles on stock, this was not the case with my other bikes.

welcome to the group.i power wash my fury all the time,never had a water problem.been doing it since april of 2009.
LOL, I had a water problem. Washed the bike on Saturday, rode to work on Tuesday. Once I hit 50 MPH, water (dirty water) started spraying out of the bottom of the speedo housing - RIGHT IN MY MOUTH!!! :D:D:D:D Had to slow down so it would spill on the tank rather than all over my clothes.

Did not seem to cause any issues to the bike, though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts