Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was considering a few other bikes along with the new Sabre ..... then thought "oh what the heck" when I came across a good deal on an alomst new 2010 Fury with 400 miles.

Picked it up this morning and rode 100+ miles home to Gainesville and found the riding experince to be quite pleasant. All things considered, very impressed with the bike's agility.

Now that I have the bike, I'll need to decide what to do re extras, etc.

My two bikes: 2010 Fury, 2008 Bonneville Black

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
start by Painting it FLAT BLACK so some of us can quit wondering about how it would look FLAT BLACK :D

Welcome to Furyland

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Now after the hour ride im sure you noticed needing a seat

· Registered
142 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Now after the hour ride im sure you noticed needing a seat
Man, me and the wifey went on a ride today, oh just about 120 miles or so, and after about a 100 of those miles, I had to stop for a break. I got off the bike, looked at the wifey and said, gotta get another seat. Stock seat is good for about an hour or so but after that it sucks.

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Man, me and the wifey went on a ride today, oh just about 120 miles or so, and after about a 100 of those miles, I had to stop for a break. I got off the bike, looked at the wifey and said, gotta get another seat. Stock seat is good for about an hour or so but after that it sucks.
yep, im stalling on getting my seat done since all of my riding is about a 1/2 hr, and i man up maby once a week for an hr ride

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Welcome and good luck with the modding... it took me 2 months to figure out a direction... being it's my first bike and all and I knew nothing about the biking community.

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Welcome and good luck with the modding... it took me 2 months to figure out a direction... being it's my first bike and all and I knew nothing about the biking community.
You seem to have it down pretty good. Its mostly just making it loud, comfey, cool looking, somewhat unique, and a little extra performance here and there. But everyone has different tastes so some things stand out differently

· Registered
2,152 Posts
Now that I have the bike, I'll need to decide what to do re extras, etc.

My two bikes: 2010 Fury, 2008 Bonneville Black
Welcome, Gaterzfan. You have impeccable taste in color (red, same as mine). Now, about those reflectors. I was assigned to Reflector Patrol for this weekend and, rightfully, I should bust you! But, I'm feeling magnanimous, so I'm going to issue you a 3-day hall-pass; just don't show up with them still in place beyond that point, or the consequences will be dire! LOL. Again, welcome aboard.

Oh, and I feel sorry for your Triumph; it's going to be spending a lot of time all by itself out in the garage!

Cheers

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcomes.

Regarding the seat discussion, it took me close to 2 1/2 hours to make the 100 or so mile ride home on the Fury with one stop for fuel, bio-break, hydration. I was very surprise by the fact I had no discomfort with the stock seat. In trying the new Honda cutoms, I was most comfortable with the Sabre and was a bit concerned the Fury's saddle wouldn't be to my liking. But, first real experience was positive.

About the reflectors .... the Fury has reflectors? :D

· Registered
2,385 Posts

· Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new toy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.