Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Let me introduce myself. I'm a fairly new Fury owner (about a month). I live in the Inland Empire of So Cal.
I have never posted threads to any forum before so excuse me if I stumble through this place.

A little story about how I came about owning a Fury.
I had purchased a couple quads back a couple of months. One of them needed a new battery so me and the mrs. went off to the local multi brand bike shop. As the parts dude was giving my new battery for my old quad, my wife and I cruised the showroom.
I checked out HD's, Suzuki's, Yamaha's and Honda's.
Long story short, went for a battery came home with a 2010 Matte Silver Fury

So far:
Roadhouse Exhaust "uncorked" (no baffles)
Kuryakin Pro R Hyper Charger
Fi2000R F/C

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Welcome to the Fury Information Hotline. Yes, use search and also check out Thread; FAQ by Red Spawn Silver, tons of info there! See West Coast Riders Group, and Thread; Plant your Flag by RED. Also check our Fury Of the Month, and you can go back to the beginning and see some bitchin bikes. Check out Gallery Welcome Again. So I see you got a Matt Grey LE, the Furys with just primer! :p

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Welcome to the forum.You can never go wrong with the matte silver!! The search button is your friend,top right on the tool bar,lots of good info and people here.If you cant find an answer in the search just ask,folks around here dont mind helping one bit.And yes,remove your reflectors or the reflector police will get ya.Once again welcome aboard,enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh Yeah - Reflectors were the first thing to go! A bottle of Goo-Gone and my jewelry store credit card ! ha!

Trimmed that beaver tail looking license plate bracket a little bit- just the space of that reflector and moved the plate up an inch or so.

Next is a Accutronix side plate mount and getting rid of those lollypop turn signals

or a L&M rear spring

I've been checking this site out, familiarizing myself with the posts and the people on here a bit. Getting some mod ideas and tech answers.

I saw the 8 degree trees - kinda like them. Wondering what the combination with the lower rear spring and the increased rake would look like and how the bike would handle.
One Bike mechanic had an issue with head shake problems. So I'm keeping watch in that post.

Plus I hate my black rims. Quite a few people I meet on my bike really like them. I'm sorry, personal preferrence. They just ain't my thing.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts

So far:
Fi2000R F/C
WELCOME Zman,
That's funny! There are a few people here who went to the Honda store to get something small and came back with a Fury.
I for one went to buy a spark plug for my air compressor and came home with mine.
When I got home I told my wife "I got two spark plugs with a motorcycle wrapped around them." Funny thing is I forgot to get the spark plug for the compressor.
By the way, do you have any pics of the L/P mod.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hey all,

Let me introduce myself. I'm a fairly new Fury owner (about a month). I live in the Inland Empire of So Cal.
I have never posted threads to any forum before so excuse me if I stumble through this place.

A little story about how I came about owning a Fury.
I had purchased a couple quads back a couple of months. One of them needed a new battery so me and the mrs. went off to the local multi brand bike shop. As the parts dude was giving my new battery for my old quad, my wife and I cruised the showroom.

So far:
Fi2000R F/C
Hi there,you would be surprized how many people buy a new bike when they were only there to pick up parts or something.
I went to the local Honda dealer to pick up a sceeen for my sons 650,when I left I was the proud owner of a blue Fury.I got home & my wife said "and when are you going to use it?" My answer was" when the sun shines" she nodded & left me in the garage to polish my new bike & I thought to myself that went better than expected.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Zman...I'm new here too...just wanted to say welcome. I'm heading out to the IE tomorrow, gonna ride Rim O The World then head out to my brother's in Yucaipa.

Have fun!

·
Registered
724 Posts
It sounds like we could get a large group of Fury riders together here in SoCal. I live in Corona, we should set up another groupl ride soon. I wasn't able to go on the last one down in San Diego, but I am itching to get together with everyone local.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome fellow newbie. i`ve had my ultra blue fury for a lil over a week now an put 350 miles on it. I to just did the "drill out" of the baffles...can`t believe the difference in sound. :eek:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It sounds like we could get a large group of Fury riders together here in SoCal. I live in Corona, we should set up another groupl ride soon. I wasn't able to go on the last one down in San Diego, but I am itching to get together with everyone local.
Yeah that would be great... think our next run will be mid July... we are going to just get together and do Malibu canyon... Nice and curvie... Mickey is setting this one up so keep a eye out... you may also want to join the WCFR social group... Enjoy!!!! :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts