Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
Bought 2020 Fury 2 weeks ago at Honda dealership and rode it home.
Standard stock suspension, and tires.

Rode a little bouncy the 40 miles to home on the highway. Air pressures are 35 front and 41 back. I've read a few posts, but are there any recommendations related to smoothing down the bounce? I realize it rides like a chopper, not like my old VTX cruiser.

Thanks for any tips.

Kurt

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Hi-
Bought 2020 Fury 2 weeks ago at Honda dealership and rode it home.
Standard stock suspension, and tires.

Rode a little bouncy the 40 miles to home on the highway. Air pressures are 35 front and 41 back. I've read a few posts, but are there any recommendations related to smoothing down the bounce? I realize it rides like a chopper, not like my old VTX cruiser.

Thanks for any tips.

Kurt
There is a small screw at the base of your shock near the split for the connection...back off the rebound a bit

·
Registered
Rock Stock 2019 ABS
271 Posts
You might also want to try backing off the rear spring pre-load. (Big knob under the right side cover (see owners manual). I like it one or two clicks softer than the factory setting.

And be sure to get the break-in maintenance done at 600 miles!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might also want to try backing off the rear spring pre-load. (Big knob under the right side cover (see owners manual). I like it one or two clicks softer than the factory setting.

And be sure to get the break-in maintenance done at 600 miles!
Thank you. Bike came with 1,400 miles from employee at the Honda dealership, so I'm good.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Preload isn't going to control how bouncy it is, it will control how stiff the spring is when loaded. The ride would be really harsh, or it would sit too low in the travel if there was no preload and you'd bottom, but it's independent of rebound.

·
Registered
Rock Stock 2019 ABS
271 Posts
Preload isn't going to control how bouncy it is, it will control how stiff the spring is when loaded. The ride would be really harsh, or it would sit too low in the travel if there was no preload and you'd bottom, but it's independent of rebound.
I'm sure you're right. Just the perception of my butt/back that it softened the ride a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. Check out this thread. Have fun and ride safe.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
748 Posts
You may want to get the Low and Mean lowering springs. The ride is leaps and bounds above stock and it give a whole new look to the bike. I'm 6'3" and 250, haven't bottomed out yet. I think you would be pleased with the ride.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Welcome from California! I had to keep fiddling with mine to get the ride correct, too.
I have a map of the Fury Nation going on here, you can get to it from the link by my signature picture. I'm adding willing members, just need a zip code (no addresses!). I'd love to keep this thing full of events, hangouts, ride routes, etc. If you don't want to be added, that's fine too, check it out and see if anyone is nearby!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts