Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a Fury. What a great looking bike!

I'm having a fair amount of custom mods done to it including changing the exhaust. After doing a lot of research, I decided on Samson. I hope the video on their website is a fair representation of the sound and that I haven't make a mistake! I know its a discussion which has been had many times but would like some input on this. Would also like to know what it will sound like with the baffles out. Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the cannons. You won't be disappionted they have a nice deep tone and really bark when you crack the throttle. Good and load with the baffles in!
Get that pair valve blocked it will sound even better!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input.

I am not that tech savvy. What do you mean by "Get that pair valve blocked"? How will that alter the sound?

·
Registered
202 Posts
You may find your bike doing a lot of popping on deceleration. Blocking the pair vales should remidy this. When I did mine the bike just sounds like its running altogether smoother!
Do a search for "pair valve" There is a thread here somewere that will give you step by step instructions with pics and a link for ordering block off plates.Its a cheap and easy mod.
If you have time to do some reading also search "fuel controllers".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my Samson Hell Raiser II's put on Friday and did a benefit ride yesterday. They sound awesome with the baffles in, loud and aggressive, but not obnoxious. I'm also experiencing backfiring and popping and just ordered the pair valve caps as well. Sounds like that will fix it. Great article in the DIY section about it. If you want aggressive sound, but not obnoxious, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got my Samson Hell Raiser II's put on Friday and did a benefit ride yesterday. They sound awesome with the baffles in, loud and aggressive, but not obnoxious. I'm also experiencing backfiring and popping and just ordered the pair valve caps as well. Sounds like that will fix it. Great article in the DIY section about it. If you want aggressive sound, but not obnoxious, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for your input! Sounds like I made a good choice!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Samson Ripsaws

I got Samson Ripsaws on my bike because I liked the way the turned down tips looked. Big mistake! I like the Samson sound because it is different from other brands and not TOO loud. One of the things I like about my Fury is the lean angle. Ripsaws, though, are the wrong pipes for hard leaning because the bottom pipe tip drags in right-handers. Last week I was doing a long downhill 65 MPH turn and the tip was dragging for about 20 feet. Then I hit a bump! Had to stop and see if the pipes were still OK. They were, except for the scrape marks. My plan is to take my power band saw and make these pipes slash outs instead of turn downs. Or modify/change the rear support bracket so they raise at the rear. Or both.
When I first got the bike I couldn't tell what gear I was in because of no tach and quiet (from where I sat) pipes. Now I have a tach and pipes and I can tell when it's time to shift. Anybody know what Honda says the RPM redline is? They are really secretive about power info. Thanks for the tip about the pair valve. Will look into it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I fixed the problems with my Samson Ripsaws!

Last Sept I mentioned that my Ripsaws were dragging on right handers. I DID take my bandsaw to the tips they STILL drug. I fixed that problem as well as the problem of the front cylinder pipe covering enough of the front and bottom of the timing cover that it could not be removed without loosening the pipe and lowering it. I finally fixed both of those problems. I shit-canned the Samsons for a Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Pro pipe. V & H didn't make pipes for the Fury last year. All is very fine now. There is at least an inch of space all around the timing cover and the pipes no longer drag. Not even close. I can finally enjoy the benefit of the fantastic lean angle that the Honda engineers built into the Fury. I can ride it on the twisties without worrying about dragging any pipes. Also took the feelers off of the footpegs a long time ago because I was always bending them in the turns. I ride with my heels lower than the pegs and use them to tell if I'm leaning far enough to really be having fun. I really liked the sound of the Samsons, but the rest was a poor job of design and testing by Samson. Maybe they never put Ripsaws on a Fury and rode it? My new pipes have a different but really great sound to them. What took me so long? Had to wait for V & H to get with the program. I live in the mountains of AZ and the road in and out of town in both directions is full of twisties. Just right for my Fury.
PS. Now maybe the dip in the torque curve (Dyno technician said it was probably caused by the Samsons) will go away. Have to wait until I get near a Dyno. Stay tuned (pun intended).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts