Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Picked up a 2013 today with low miles.
Has a bit of a head shake/shimmy - thinking front wheel balance - any other thoughts?
TIA
Shrek
Congrats...on your purchase !

1st confirm tire pressures 41# rear, 33# front and inspect for abnormal wear and bubbles...especially on the front tire.

Well, the bike has definitely been disassembled. Because 2013 was offered Red with red tank, frame and fenders and also ALL black, so something is up.

Low miles = how many ? Is it a "salvage title" ?

Generally, in my opinion, a wrecked and repaired bike will never be the same..especially a salvage.

The Fury is a very stable, easy, and smooth running bike.

I wish you luck finding a solution.

Please post what you find the final solution ends up being.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats...on your purchase !

1st confirm tire pressures 41# rear, 33# front and inspect for abnormal wear and bubbles...especially on the front tire.

Well, the bike has definitely been disassembled. Because 2013 was offered Red with red tank, frame and fenders and also ALL black, so something is up.

Low miles = how many ? Is it a "salvage title" ?

Generally, in my opinion, a wrecked and repaired bike will never be the same..especially a salvage.

The Fury is a very stable, easy, and smooth running bike.

I wish you luck finding a solution.

Please post what you find the final solution ends up being.
OK embarrassed to admit that it was the tires pressures - they were down 10lbs each - I should have done the basics before posting.
There is still a very slight shimmy on deceleration, particularly when using engine breaking - I put that down to either me being super sensitive to it - or wheel balance - I will have that checked next week.
On the color the dealer has 2 2013's still on showroom floor a red and a black as you guys pointed out - this was in 2015. They swapped the painted parts and they eventually sold - but that isa why it looks different in the picture - I think it looks great myself.
Bike only had 2,150 miles on when I picked it up so all round I am very happy.
Thank you all for your prompt responses- I appreciate it.
Shrekp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts