Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Tony and I just joined Fury Forums and I just bought a 2016 Blue Fury, it had 1.1 miles on it when I bought it on the West side of Indianapolis. It came from the factory with a seat for 1 rider, my wife talked me into buying it so I told the salesman I'd buy it if they threw in a Passenger seat and pegs. I rode it home the same day with the extra seat and pegs in a box, had to buy a Tool bag to mount under the Headlight since there is no storage on this bike. But who cares about storage, this is one Bad-ass Bike! As my member name says I'm a Navy Veteran, spent 9 years in the Navy and never worked on a ship. I was flying around in P-3C Orions chasing Russian Subs and ships, my job was Ordnance so I took care of all weapons and weapon systems. I loved it, even though I got hurt bad enough that the VA has rated me as Unemployable. I wouldn't change it if I could, especially since they take pretty good care of me. I'm wanting to do some mods on my Fury, like moving the License Plate to the left side and mount it vertically. I would also like to get new Pipes, ones that curve up then down. So I'll need to get a Cobra FI2000R PowrPro Fuel Management to put on it. I also want to replace the Mirrors, the longer I have the bile the longer the list will get I'm sure. Feel free to drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have done to your bike and I like to get advice on any project I'm working on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Welcome!

Thanks for serving this country! Welcome -- Echo @Kbuskill : the reflashed ECU is much better than any control/tuner you could find... Talk to him about it, and read the threads on it. if you have trouble searching the threads, always post the questions up, this Forum is like no other - there's a genuine camaraderie.... and yes you nailed it, the MODS list never ends.... it swells like the sea... long list, short list, long list, short list etc. just enjoy and be safe!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tony! It doesn't take long to get bittin by the mod bug but a lifetime to cure it ?. As far as having the salesman throw in the passengers seat
It won't take long before you will realize that the passenger pegs are worth more than that SEAT! Do yourself a big favor, and your wife a BIGGER favor, invest in a good aftermarket seat for the wife and see if you can sell that OEM seat to some naive Harley owner....lol Ride Safe

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Welcome from East TX. Thx for your service. My son was in the Navy, working on helicopters.

1. ECU reflash as suggested. Just do it.

Remove the reflectors! You've been caught but let you off with a warning this time. Next time you gotta buy beer for all of us
3. Enjoy riding

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome from South Jersey and first of all Thank you for your services cause people like you let us have freedom and able to ride this great bike. I have a 2012 Fury same color as you it's the best and fastest color of the fury line. Guys will chime in telling you different but us guys that have the blue know the truth. I have Cobra swept pipes the same Tuner you mentioned and power flo intake, iso flame grips, led front and rear turn signals, Cannella riser,1"fork extender,led intergreted brake light, chrome radiator cover and master cylinder cover, led blue accent lights under tank and bottom of frame, mustang seat,led headlight and pair valve mod.speedo face plate.Trust me you will be addicted to mods but it is fun and make it your own. I recommend instead of the tuner do the guhl ECU reflash I'm going to do it this winter the tuner works fine but everyone on this forum say it's the way to go. Sorry the long message but Enjoy your bike and this great forum and specially ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Welcome to the Forum... you've come to the right place to talk mods!! Another big "Thank You" for your service. I'm a 13 year Navy vet myself. Take your time with the mod decisions... read, research and ask questions. The resources on this Forum are wide and deep...occasionally sprinkled with a bit of sarcasm or good natured jabs. Reflectors should be removed and mailed to the Kansas goat farm as soon as possible... ??!! Enjoy and be safe!

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Welcome NavyVet16Fury,
Enjoy the bike and forum.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Welcome from Denver. X2 on the ECU reflash. Best mod for this bike.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome from SoCal!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Welcome from the Wetside of Washington.
A wealth of knowledge on this forum fueled by some questionable characters...

Reactions: Kbuskill

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Welcome from central California. Biggest gripe I get from the wife is about upgrades. I bought mine with several bolt ons, told the wife it already had just about everything I would have done to it. A year and a grand later, I have a shopping list of a couple more grand. She wants a new seat, but I'm getting sideways glances every time I add 'just a little thing' to it. :) It never ends, but there's no reason to be ashamed.

Enjoy the bike and all of us!

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
big welcome from the uk >:)

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Howdy from another Navy Vet (Vietnam) and thank you for your service!! Welcome to the Forum from Northern California. :beatup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome to forum! Btw I have an extra Cobra Fi2000R I'm selling for 135 if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts