Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my name is Mark and I live in Culpeper, Va. A little history about me, I grew up riding Enduro's in the 70's (Yamaha DT-175 and Kawasaki KE-100) then got back into bikes with a 2002 Suzuki DRZ 400S. I realized I much prefer riding on the street than Dual Sporting, so I bought a Triumph America in 2004, and have owned just about every Power Cruiser you can name: 2006 Yamaha Warrior, Suzuki M109R, and a Yamaha Raider, and I have owned a Kawasaki Versys as well. I currently own a 2007 Triumph Speedmaster and a 2008 Harley Fatbob, and to all you Harley haters (they are over-priced, un-reliable, don't handle, have no power) it is lame, just as lame as the metric haters ( Jap crap, all plastic, no soul, not a harley) I LOVE all bikes, obviously, haha, anyway I love my Fatbob and will not be selling it....... and I love my Triumph but might sell it, I think I want a Fury! went down to a dealer to and went over it with a fine tooth comb, and I really dig it.......... just thought I'd say hello and hopefully someday (next spring) will get one!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,721 Posts
i live right down the road from you.farmville.15 and 460.we meet at the country cooking on sundays {weather permitting}and ride.you are welcome to ride with us if you like.and we dont give a crap what you ride.keep the rubber on the ground.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow.. I think this guy purchased the whole showroom! I must live in the wrong area of this country or something. All I got up here in the north-east is laid-off for the last couple months. I need to move out west near our borders where there's money to be made. I noticed that most of the customized bikes I see are out that way. But I guess the lay-offs are equally across the country.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Welcome. I think you'll love this bike since it seems you like ALL bikes.:D Just one caveat, if I may, the Fury is not a power cruiser. I have a VTX1800 and that is a power cruiser. ;) The Fury is quick but not real fast. It has more torque than I need, however. I love my VTX(s) but this is the only bike that I would replace them with. I'm personally done with long cruising as my DH quit riding a mc. Having said all this, I have taken the bike on many PGR rides and not had one bit of trouble. Enjoy!
PS...one state away in DE.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Wow.. I think this guy purchased the whole showroom! I must live in the wrong area of this country or something. All I got up here in the north-east is laid-off for the last couple months. I need to move out west near our borders where there's money to be made. I noticed that most of the customized bikes I see are out that way. But I guess the lay-offs are equally across the country.
10.4% here in SD, somebody just got layed off the other day too... :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to this forum

What's up Fury fans. My name is Andy and I live in Litchfield Park, AZ. I haven't owned a street bike, but I am looking to but one soon. My dad recently bought a Harley 883 and tricked it out a little bit. He mentioned how it would be a blast to ride together before the old man gets any older. I'm sure he is fine, he mainly goes riding by himself. I went to the Harley Dealer and Honda Dealer. I sat on the HD Nightster and it was really comfortable and fit me almost perfect. Then I went to the Honda Dealer after that, need I say more. When I sat on the Fury, it was calling my name out "Andy, you need to buy me" well not those exact words. But it felt perfect. The way the bars bent back and the way the suspension eased down were my main high lights. So needless to say, I am doing my due diligence to make the right choice. I am set on getting a Fury. Yep, trade in the Honda Civic for a Fury. Love the posts on this Fury Forum. You guys have made it all that much easier reading all the comments. Hope to be on the rode soon with a new Fury.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
What's up Fury fans. My name is Andy and I live in Litchfield Park, AZ. I haven't owned a street bike, but I am looking to but one soon. My dad recently bought a Harley 883 and tricked it out a little bit. He mentioned how it would be a blast to ride together before the old man gets any older. I'm sure he is fine, he mainly goes riding by himself. I went to the Harley Dealer and Honda Dealer. I sat on the HD Nightster and it was really comfortable and fit me almost perfect. Then I went to the Honda Dealer after that, need I say more. When I sat on the Fury, it was calling my name out "Andy, you need to buy me" well not those exact words. But it felt perfect. The way the bars bent back and the way the suspension eased down were my main high lights. So needless to say, I am doing my due diligence to make the right choice. I am set on getting a Fury. Yep, trade in the Honda Civic for a Fury. Love the posts on this Fury Forum. You guys have made it all that much easier reading all the comments. Hope to be on the rode soon with a new Fury.
Hate to bump up an extremely old thread....but this right here is what it's all about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts