Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!! New owner of this 2019 fury. Sitting on my neighbors yard having BBQ I saw this fury coming down the road; the guy was by himself. As he got closer I saw him grinning, just grinning and I thought to myself; Damm!! I ride but I get bored by myself. As he passed me by he was still grinning. I said to myself again; I got to get me some grinning like that and I started looking around for a fury. I got 2 Indians and a cbr1000 and have had many bikes before. So it happens I saw this beauty for sale and I ask the guy if he would trade me for my Indian. Long story short I been grinning ever since!! I knew it the moment I saw that guy passed my by that that would make the difference and it did!! I love my fury

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome the the fourm from the west cost. Only time I'm not grinning is when I'm trying to figure out the next mod 😁

Gosh no, keep the exhaust! The US muffler sounds way better than the stock AU/EU/UK muffler especially when you add a high flow air cleaner.
No offense Mac but I disagree. May be a cheap setup but it sounds SOOOOOooooo much better 😀

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone!! New owner of this 2019 fury. Sitting on my neighbors yard having BBQ I saw this fury coming down the road; the guy was by himself. As he got closer I saw him grinning, just grinning and I thought to myself; Damm!! I ride but I get bored by myself. As he passed me by he was still grinning. I said to myself again; I got to get me some grinning like that and I started looking around for a fury. I got 2 Indians and a cbr1000 and have had many bikes before. So it happens I saw this beauty for sale and I ask the guy if he would trade me for my Indian. Long story short I been grinning ever since!! I knew it the moment I saw that guy passed my by that that would make the difference and it did!! I love my fury View attachment 241116
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Yup I slightly stop grinning only when I get home and can't ride anywhere else haha....but glad to be home too.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Welcome the the fourm from the west cost. Only time I'm not grinning is when I'm trying to figure out the next mod 😁
View attachment 241141

No offense Mac but I disagree. May be a cheap setup but it sounds SOOOOOooooo much better 😀
I'm not offended.
Very few people like the stock US muffler. It's quite different to the stock AU/EU/UK muffler that came on my bike and it really does sound much better. My local Honda dealer says my bike is the best sounding bike they have had through the shop and quite obviously they have had a lot of bikes through the shop over the 40 plus years they have been open.

Interestingly the sound of the stock US muffler changes radically with the stock air cleaner on, it gets rather quiet compared to the stock AU muffler with the stock air cleaner on. With a high flow air cleaner the stock AU muffler is a little louder with the character of the exhaust remaining much the same but the stock US muffler with a high flow air cleaner really opens up and the character changes producing a fine sounding exhaust.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gosh no, keep the exhaust! The US muffler sounds way better than the stock AU/EU/UK muffler especially when you add a high flow air cleaner.
What's the difference between the US and the EU stock mufflers. They both look identical to me. I'm in UK with a US Fury. But the baffles have been removed from mine so can't really compare. The only obvious thing is I have no Lamda sensors. I find this strange as the US has much tighter emissions control than here.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
What's the difference between the US and the EU stock mufflers. They both look identical to me. I'm in UK with a US Fury. But the baffles have been removed from mine so can't really compare. The only obvious thing is I have no Lamda sensors. I find this strange as the US has much tighter emissions control than here.
I did a thread on this that you may like to read here: AU/EU/UK muffler swap to US muffler

Here is the comparison:
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel Automotive design

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Locking hubs Tire

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine has had all the baffles removed and looks nothing like either of them. Probably sounds like neither of the either. The whole back box has been cut in half and re-welded back together. Why not just drill the baffles out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine has had all the baffles removed and looks nothing like either of them. Probably sounds like neither of the either. The whole back box has been cut in half and re-welded back together. Why not just drill the baffles out.
I’m gona consider what you are saying!! Just came from vacation and be right on track with my grinning!!👌

·
Registered
21 Posts
You made me smile with your post as this smile is with so many of us
Enjoy and welcome
PS-- Get rid of that exhaust 1st mod
isnt that the truth the fury exhaust has one of the worse looking exhaust period !!! thats one of the 1st things l did, came home with my new bike yesterday n i ordered the cobra swept pipes n a fi2000r controller.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts