Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hondas next Un-Convention is Thurs morning 0900 PST, going to officially release info on the new 1300s to the dealer net.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hey, these new Honda 1300 Custom Line looks good. Looks like they used a lot of the same parts from the Fury and our New air ride shock should work for all, the Fury, 2010 Sabre, 2010 Stateline, 2010 Interstate. We did a article about what coming for the fury and what we plan on doing for the New 1300 Custom Line.
Thanks for checking out the 2010 Honda Fury and 1300 Custom line article.

LM
Custom MOTORCYCLE Cruiser Accessories!

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Hey, these new Honda 1300 Custom Line looks good. Looks like they used a lot of the same parts from the Fury and our New air ride shock should work for all, the Fury, 2010 Sabre, 2010 Stateline, 2010 Interstate. We did a article about what coming for the fury and what we plan on doing for the New 1300 Custom Line.
Thanks for checking out the 2010 Honda Fury and 1300 Custom line article.

LM
Custom MOTORCYCLE Cruiser Accessories!
So can we be looking forward to intakes and whatnot in the future made for the bikes or will we be forced to go the current generic route with HD Designed parts adapted over for extra premo prices still?

·
Registered
494 Posts
So can we be looking forward to intakes and whatnot in the future made for the bikes or will we be forced to go the current generic route with HD Designed parts adapted over for extra premo prices still?
Harley parts are usually half the price of their metric specific counterpart.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Harley parts are usually half the price of their metric specific counterpart.
Well I am sorta new to this motorcycle after-market stuff but what I have noticed so far is...

Buy Adapter "$" + HD Part "$$" = $$$ & more work for the non mechanical type of person. So if a single part made to fit the application cost $$$ opposed to a Part plus an Adapter that cost the same as [hopefully less due to less materials and fab required]... I'm sold

Guess I am in the market for stuff that is made for what I own, not rigged to work with it if that makes sense.

·
Registered
494 Posts
totally agree but 9 times out of 10...

Adapter "$" + HD Part "$$" = $$$ & metric part = $$$$$

reason being that Harley parts are produced in huge quantities, metric parts are not.

Well I am sorta new to this motorcycle after-market stuff but what I have noticed so far is...

Buy Adapter "$" + HD Part "$$" = $$$ & more work for the non mechanical type of person. So if a single part made to fit the application cost $$$ opposed to a Part plus an Adapter that cost the same as [hopefully less due to less materials and fab required]... I'm sold

Guess I am in the market for stuff that is made for what I own, not rigged to work with it if that makes sense.

·
Registered
158 Posts
$$$

totally agree but 9 times out of 10...

Adapter "$" + HD Part "$$" = $$$ & metric part = $$$$$

reason being that Harley parts are produced in huge quantities, metric parts are not.
Why aren't there more metric, aftermarket parts?? There are more metric bikes on the roads then Harley by it self.

·
Registered
158 Posts
$$$$

10x more Harley cutomizers than metric:(

Go to the next major V-Twin bike show in your area and you'll see what I mean.
Well now I see why it cost $280 far a freakin crome intake adapter for the Fury. I think the aftermarket manufactures for metrics know there's more customizers for Harley, so they jack our @sses with these crazy prices.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well now I see why it cost $280 far a freakin crome intake adapter for the Fury. I think the aftermarket manufactures for metrics know there's more customizers for Harley, so they jack our @sses with these crazy prices.
Well to their defense, they need to make a profit to stay in business. I don't mind the crazy prices, the other option of no parts at all is worst. I tell people all the time, Hondas are cheap but parts are damn $$$. And likewise Hareys are expensive but aftermarket parts are damn cheap.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Profit?

Well to their defense, they need to make a profit to stay in business. I don't mind the crazy prices, the other option of no parts at all is worst. I tell people all the time, Hondas are cheap but parts are damn $$$. And likewise Hareys are expensive but aftermarket parts are damn cheap.
I'm willing to bet there's plenty of profits being made. That's the whole idea, right? Don't let the metric, aftermarket manufactures act like they went through a lot to produce this product, just so they could give it to us at cost. Profit is the name of the game! Anyone who doesn't mind paying $$$$ for a plastic molded intake adapter has to much money, so it doesn't matter. If there were a lot of compitition making aftermarket products for metrics, The price would go down, "And Yes", still making a profit.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm willing to bet there's plenty of profits being made. That's the whole idea, right? Don't let the metric, aftermarket manufactures act like they went through a lot to produce this product, just so they could give it to us at cost. Profit is the name of the game! Anyone who doesn't mind paying $$$$ for a plastic molded intake adapter has to much money, so it doesn't matter. If there were a lot of compitition making aftermarket products for metrics, The price would go down, "And Yes", still making a profit.
Problem is there isn't enough demand to drive competition up. Case in point, look how long the VTX1300 has been out and how many are on the road. Yet there is only one bike specific air intake for it that does not convert a Harley intake and it cost $600. Let's give L&M and Accutronics have a say.

·
Registered
158 Posts
AND MY POINT IS...

Problem is there isn't enough demand to drive competition up. Case in point, look how long the VTX1300 has been out and how many are on the road. Yet there is only one bike specific air intake for it that does not convert a Harley intake and it cost $600. Let's give L&M and Accutronics have a say.
So your saying if there were more compitition out there, it would cost less to produce the product, "No"! It still would cost the same, yet they would drop the price a little so the buyers don't go to the next guy. Point in hand, the few that do produce metric parts make a great profit, because where else you gonna go, "Right"! If 20 other manufactures for metric parts poped up selling intake adapters, Low and Mean would slash there prices down to compete, "Still making profit".

·
Registered
494 Posts
So your saying if there were more compitition out there, it would cost less to produce the product, "No"! It still would cost the same, yet they would drop the price a little so the buyers don't go to the next guy. Point in hand, the few that do produce metric parts make a great profit, because where else you gonna go, "Right"! If 20 other manufactures for metric parts poped up selling intake adapters, Low and Mean would slash there prices down to compete, "Still making profit".
Production costs are one thing, but there are operating costs to consider. Operating costs is the number one reason why business go under. Someone has to pay the rent, advertising, and still have money left over to pay themselves so they can eat.

Consider this, if two vendors (one metric the other standard) could produce two similar products for $50 each and both had $2k in monthly operating costs. Now if the demand for the metric part was only 20 units a month they would have to price the product at $150 just to break even. Now look at the Harley supplier, demand for their product is 100 units a month. They can price their product at $100 and still turn a $3,000 Profit. It's one thing if your doing it in your basement in your free time but it's another when your doing it full-time and your only source of income.

·
Registered
158 Posts
True

Production costs are one thing, but there are operating costs to consider. Operating costs is the number one reason why business go under. Someone has to pay the rent, advertising, and still have money left over to pay themselves so they can eat.

Consider this, if two vendors (one metric the other standard) could produce two similar products for $50 each and both had $2k in monthly operating costs. Now if the demand for the metric part was only 20 units a month they would have to price the product at $150 just to break even. Now look at the Harley supplier, demand for their product is 100 units a month. They can price their product at $100 and still turn a $3,000 Profit.
True.. I agree and that makes perfect sence, "But"! I find it hard to believe that not many peeps are fixing up there metric bikes. Take the Fury for example, the bike just came out, already people are quick to spend multi thousands on aftermarket parts, it's like they can't come out with stuff fast enough. So the demand is out there! People are shaking there wallets at the aftermarket metric manufactures and as soon as it's available, "Everybody on the forum is showing it off". That's just the Fury for example! What about VTX's and all the others? There's def a demand, just a shortage of manufactured, that's why I believe the prices are sky high...

·
Registered
494 Posts
True.. I agree and that makes perfect sence, "But"! I find it hard to believe that not many peeps are fixing up there metric bikes. Take the Fury for example, the bike just came out, already people are quick to spend multi thousands on aftermarket parts, it's like they can't come out with stuff fast enough. So the demand is out there! People are shaking there wallets at the aftermarket metric manufactures and as soon as it's available, "Everybody on the forum is showing it off". That's just the Fury for example! What about VTX's and all the others? There's def a demand, just a shortage of manufactured, that's why I believe the prices are sky high...
Very true!!! That's why I wanted L&M's take on it since they are a manufacturer who specializes solely in Metric parts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts